Alternate History of Dunderberg

In order to heighten my daughter's interest in history while taking World History AP in high school, I decided to write a story to give her a better feel for the pre-civil war period.
I wrote the attached for fun; it is intended to be a what-if scenario to explore the issues that caused the civil war.

Disclaimer:
All characters appearing in this work are based on real historical persons. The majority of historical events are portrayed accurately but modified as alternate history. For source material, see http://en.wikipedia.org/
My daughter did not enjoy reading it as much as I had hoped, but I am still glad I wrote it, so figure at least the folks on this forum might find it a good read.

Attachments

• Thunder-Mountain.pdf
    913.1 KB · Views: 475
Good work! Frankly, i'm not the big fan of "suddenly-appeared-in-the-past" stories (in Russia ussia, we have a therm for them, "popadanietz", which mean "the person who suddenly falls in some situation") but good work.

But i must point out, that the replication of "Dunderberg" ammunition or machinery in 1817 may be much harder.

In order to heighten my daughter's interest in history while taking World History AP in high school, I decided to write a story to give her a better feel for the pre-civil war period.
I wrote the attached for fun; it is intended to be a what-if scenario to explore the issues that caused the civil war.

Disclaimer:
All characters appearing in this work are based on real historical persons. The majority of historical events are portrayed accurately but modified as alternate history. For source material, see http://en.wikipedia.org/
My daughter did not enjoy reading it as much as I had hoped, but I am still glad I wrote it, so figure at least the folks on this forum might find it a good read.
Didn't read it Lowell, but I do admire the lengths you went to awaken your daughter's interest. I wish I'd have thought of that, but mine were out on their own before I got interested.

Back