Announcement: All About CivilWarTalk Operations

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

luinrina

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Preparing and Scheduling Trivia Questions Daily, Approving Trivia Answers, Collecting and Deciphering new Trivia Submissions, Prepare and Mail Awards for Trivia Game, Setup Caption This, Create memes for Caption This, Setup and Run Monthly Photo Contest, Organize Member of the Month, Run Brass Napoleon Award, Run Ami's SOA, Run Golden Thread Award, Setup tags for members monthly as needed, promote Video Chat Discussions and add promotional information as needed, configure promotional material for cook awards, promote monument Monday, Tuesday book reviews, throwback Thursday, photo Fridays, Photo of the Year Contest submissions and voting setup....
Wow. We see these every day but who thinks about how much time that takes to prepare?

@ami , BIG THANK YOU! And also to Mike! Without the two of you, this site wouldn't exist.

As everybody else said: Thank you so much, @ami and you too,@civilwartalk! You have enriched my life with this site, it has broadened my knowledge and I came to know some of the best people on this planet and have been able to become real friends with some, both within and even outside of the Internet.
I'm very sorry to hear that this site and especially "Conversations" has been abused by some. And as much as I have welcomed the new ability to attach files (= photos) to conversations (which came as something new to me with the new version of CWT), I do understand that you will stop that now. I can only hope that there were only a few black sheep and that they have meanwhile left CWT (or will be banned now).
So let's continue with what connects us all: our interest in the history of the Civil War in America.

JPK Huson 1863

Colonel
Forum Host
Ami had me as a chartered member of the fan club anyway but the day she posted about the piano lessons I understood we were dealing with someone who could run down a bunny for dinner while posting trivia questions while helping with homework while making a quilt. Get exhausted just thinking about her next 5 minutes much less day.

Really, chem, too? Gee whiz. Husband and daughter both chemists. Bet I have the best ' nod head and pretend I know what in blazes they're talking about ' face on the planet. Bullies don't intimidate me, never did, brains do.

Terrific thread, thanks so much. Trolls. Can't keep 'em under the bridge, can't find a goat when you need one.

@Nathanb1 , " wrist thingies ", :roflmao:

Thank you Ami. I haven't been a member that long, but I am still amazed at how much fantastic information is here. Plus so far I have never run into anyone that isn't helpful and polite. Ami your help for me has been very understanding and patient. Let me say that you are very appreciated. I am looking forward to continuing to learn from those in the forum. God Bless.

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
I know sometimes I may come across as gruff - You can take the girl out of the new jersey, but you can't take the new jersey out of the girl.

I'll try to be more patient, but please also try to remember, this is essentially my "job". The reason I have stepped up to do all this work is because I want to support my husband in his endeavors. I do it because I know he doesn't have time. For many years I stayed out of the goings on here, and there just wasn't enough time in the day for Mike to do all the things, work a full time job and manage a family.

We've seen an upswing in members and good content since we've started doing so much work, so what we are doing is working. I of course can't take credit for all the time and effort the members put in. Your passion shows in your posts. So thank you for all you do too - even if it makes my job harder, but the harder it is for me to chose the featured threads every day is a good thing! That means we have so many amazing threads to promote!

The bookmark tool has helped quite a bit! so yay for the upgrade. now when I am perusing the forum, if a particular nifty post comes across my screen I can bookmark it to promote another day.

in the end; we are a community, and without all of us doing our part, none of this would be as awesome as it is!

thank you for the sappy boost in self-esteem boost! #allthefeels #youlikemeyoureallylikeme

Ole Miss

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
It is a shame that some people are compelled to behave badly. I suppose we could do what my mother used to do when someone (me mostly) complained about supper, “cook it yourself!)

Sorry for the troubles but I appreciate your efforts and having this site to satisfy my cravings for anything Civil War related!
Regards
David

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Mike and Ami,

I have been a member here almost from when I retired from the US Army in 1991. I think I joined, at the behest of old reb, in 1992. And since that time, I have always been in awe at the hard work you both do to keep this site up and running.

I know there is no way to repay you both for the ongoing effort you put into this forum, so let me just say, thank you for letting an old man have a hobby that keeps him out of the bars at night! :wink:

With much affection and sincere appreciation,
Unionblue

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)