Advent, Four Weeks In Purple, Centuries In Tradition

We have an advent “tree” where you hang a tiny ornament every day until the whole tree is filled, and the angel is on top. It’s a music box as well. We still have it.

We had the same minister although ours had the grace to have a sense of humor about it. Whoa, bad idea using a parishioner as an example. Ours avoided that faux pas but he did love reminding us how very solemn was the season.

The minister I was talking about was sorely lacking in his sense of humor, which was one reason he did not succeed.

Beginning preparations this weekend :dance:

We will be minus one this Christmas as my middle daughter heads back to Ireland next week for a European Christmas ... a winter wonderland! We will miss her, but are having a night out in the town tonight to celebrate as a family before she goes ❤

Beginning preparations this weekend :dance:

We will be minus one this Christmas as my middle daughter heads back to Ireland next week for a European Christmas ... a winter wonderland! We will miss her, but are having a night out in the town tonight to celebrate as a family before she goes ❤
We are missing two this year, as my middle son and his wife are heading to her sister's for the holidays. It is the first time he will not be with us, but we will all survive. He is leaving his dog with us so that be fun!

we will all survive.
Yes, and there are plenty of options for contact! Now that I have the house decorated, we are sitting down to another family dinner today at home and some present opening will occur 'pre-Christmas'. Flexibility is the key in all these things. And when everyone is on board with that it seems to work well.
He is leaving his dog with us so that be fun!
Well, I guess at least that way you know he will need to come back :D

Yes, and there are plenty of options for contact! Now that I have the house decorated, we are sitting down to another family dinner today at home and some present opening will occur 'pre-Christmas'. Flexibility is the key in all these things. And when everyone is on board with that it seems to work well.

Well, I guess at least that way you know he will need to come back :D
Maybe!

Back