Impressions ACW Gear Photos

Pocket Knife w/ an 1865 patent date. Just at the end of the war but indicitive of the style of pocket knives available.
Henry Sears & Sons 1865 Patent.JPG

Provenance of the knife and sheath please.
Anyway,let me give this a try.The knife is a repro,not an original.I wanted a D-Guard bowie,and after some trys with sutlers,and a few disappointments,I started to lookin into it better.Suffice it to say,I ran across a thread on a site about bowies,and was impressed with Dans work and his dedication.Also he wasnt priced sky-high.The Knife ,as far as i know,is styled after an original in his collection that i ask him to reproduce.The sheath is something I believe he makes for all his knife customers as a courtesy.Dont quote me on that.If my post is somehow improper for this thread,I apologize.

Hand forged "Arkansas Toothpick" w/ a blacksmith repair of the tip. Underneath the wood it is stamped 1860 w/ a triangular makers mark. I'm not absolutely certain it's legit but it is a nice piece. When I got it the rivets had worked loose and the wood was badly cracked. I found the stamping when I removed & replaced the handle. The spacer between the hilt & handle as well as the spacer between pommel & handle are both horn. The sheath is certainly not original.
Arkansas Toothpick.jpg

Back