Real or Faux? About Traditions Trapper pistol.

Kentucky Derby Cavalier.

First Sergeant
I was looking at Tradtions Trapper pistol and was curious about some things. Did pistols that Trappers used actually have set triggers, an extra finger grip on the trigger guard, and the weird little notch at the back of the gun for your thumb to wrap around? These seem like a work of fiction than reality. If you look at the picture at bottom, you'll see what I think is a far more probable design for Trappers rather then what Traditions prodcut is. Thoughts?

Link to Traditions Trapper Pistol.

This is the pic of what I believe a trappers pistol would really look like.
trappers pistol.jpg

Last edited:
The link above the picture of the pistol is to the Traditions gun, the picture below the link is what I believe a REAL trappers pistol would've looked like.

The Traditions pistol has set triggers and an adjustable rear sight so it is more of a target pistol . I can't imagine using it as a pistol of last resort with those features and there would be the possibility of the trigger guard snagging on your belt or clothing .

The Traditions pistol has set triggers and an adjustable rear sight so it is more of a target pistol . I can't imagine using it as a pistol of last resort with those features and there would be the possibility of the trigger guard snagging on your belt or clothing .
This is what I think, that design looks like something of fantasy.

Back