farrargirl

First Sergeant
Baldwin County, on the Alabama Gulf Coast
D6DC0A98-0B90-48BF-A1A9-C401B964F248.jpeg

C0A352DF-0951-4A96-95B0-AE0139AF30E0.jpeg

02D095F9-B6A7-44ED-8A5C-2F5A60A90117.jpeg

6F0F98FF-D9A7-4C4B-B511-1E7628601E86.jpeg

Great Stuff, The 6th Miss had a storied history at Shiloh. Thanks for sharing
Thanks much. They did a spectacular job of that monument, facial expressions, body language, etc. With 300-ish felled in less than an hour, they must have felt they were literally in hell. I read accounts of this in the Shiloh book by Larry Daniel. It seems that between Waterhouse’s guns and Appler’s men they just didn’t have a chance....

I began thinking after seeing the photo about all the rain that fell after the battle, and how the sky must have appeared. Your photography is surreal!
Lubliner.
You are much too kind. The next set I will do is the Tennessee monument. Patrick Cleburne was such a gifted leader, and when I saw it, I thought about Franklin, and the great loss we suffered in our young Generals there...

Thank you for posting this thread @farrargirl - I am always interested in finding out about individual regiments :smile:
Thank you for commenting. The signage at this National Military Park is fantastic. One can sometimes get a capsule of a particular regiment ( i.e. 6th Miss ) by reading these.

Great photos.
I found it difficult for me and my limited equipment, experience, etc. to capture a great photo of this monument with a beautiful sky in the background.

Great photos.
I found it difficult for me and my limited equipment, experience, etc. to capture a great photo of this monument with a beautiful sky in the background.
Thanks much. I have been doing digital photography for years. I use my iphone12 for shooting, because of the dual cameras. After transferring the shots I want to keep onto my iPad, I use a photo app called “Snapseed”
to adjust minor features. If I want to go any further, into a “mood” feature, I use an app called “iColorama”.
Both of these apps are free at the Apple AppStore. I taught my self and it takes awhile, but I enjoy it....and glad that you enjoy them too :+))

After transferring the shots I want to keep onto my iPad, I use a photo app called “Snapseed”
to adjust minor features. If I want to go any further, into a “mood” feature, I use an app called “iColorama”.
Both of these apps are free at the Apple AppStore.
Do you use those Apps on your phone or do the editing on a Computer??
I dont have an iPhone 12.

Microsoft had a nice built-in Photo Editor that could adjust the 3 colors and even flip to negative. I may buy a simple Photoshop soon as I cant do what I want to do.

Back