"A Second Serving" favorite recipes from "Lexington Herald-Leader", Fall 1998

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I found this cook book in one of library sales I been to lately. The recipes are favorites of readers of the "Lexington Herald-Leader". It was compiled by their food writer. There are many old favorites from Kentuckians, including, Fried Chicken, Pan Gravy, Burgoo, Hot Brown, Beer Cheese, and Bourbon Balls.

This time they also included more ethnic recipes and Holiday favorites. This cookbook is actually the 3rd one they have published.

There are so many great recipes to try. Glad I found this book. Library sales always have such wonderful finds.

One I particularly liked was Honey Mustard Ham Biscuit Wraps.

1 12 ounce can refrigerated fluffy buttermilk biscuits
1 cup chopped cooked ham
2 tablespoons honey mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press each biscuit into 5 inch rounds. In small bowl combine ham, mustard and onion.

Spoon about 2 tablespoons mixture into center of each biscuit. Fold dough in half over filling, press edges with fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes 10 wraps.

I just showed this to my wife,she looked at the recipe and her baker instincts kicked in.she said she would roll all the dough out flat then spread the honey mustard on the dough and then sprinkle the ham and onions on the dough---- she would then add shredded cheese to the dought and then cut the dough in lengths and roll them up into little sausage like rolls.then bake as per recipe.
She said we will have them this weekend.

Back