Forrest A REBEL BORN : THE MOVIE

Barrycdog

Major
"A REBEL BORN": THE MOVIE - Sea Raven Press is happy to announce that our author, Southern historian and acclaimed screenwriter Lochlainn Seabrook, has just signed on with renowned Southern filmmaker Christopher Forbes to bring Lochlainn's screenplay "A Rebel Born" to the big screen. Based on Lochlainn's popular award-winning biography "A Rebel Born: A Defense of Nathan Bedford Forrest," this promises to be the most provocative, historically accurate, and most talked about American Civil War film of all time: Lincoln's War as seen through the eyes of the South! If you’re fed up with Hollywood's inaccurate, slanderous, anti-South movies, and want to finally see the Confederacy portrayed honestly, correctly, and sympathetically, please lend us your support. We're looking for actors, reenactors, investors, distributors, etc. If you’re interested in participating in or supporting this truly important historic project, please contact us. And be sure and visit our “A Rebel Born” Facebook page and like us:www.facebook.com/ARebelBornTheMovie SEA RAVEN PRESS: restoring Dixie’s honor, defending traditional Southern culture, preserving authentic Confederate history. www.SeaRavenPress.com

Expired Image Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see the movie, but I doubt it'll ever be produced. Too controversial a figure/leading character

I happen to agree. I think that the majority of the population is not ready for the truth. Most are comfortable with what is convenient. The North were the good guys and did no wrong, every Southerner owned slaves and were the bad guys.
Let ignorance prevail........

However......
I for one would love to see the movie made.

Apparently, Sea Raven Press is a local publisher as alot of convenience stores here have their books for sell next to the register.
As for the movie, unless it is well done, I'd personally rather not see it come to fruition.

I happen to agree. I think that the majority of the population is not ready for the truth. Most are comfortable with what is convenient. The North were the good guys and did no wrong, every Southerner owned slaves and were the bad guys.
The producers of Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, Ride with the Devil, Cold Mountain, Jonah Hex, Copperhead, The Conspirator, Field of Lost Shoes, The Last Confederate: The Story of Robert Adams, Hell on Wheels (series), John Carter, and probably a whole bunch more produced in the last 20 years or so would disagree with that. Both the South generally, and Confederates specifically, gets lots of sympathetic coverage in films and on television.

Last edited:
Let ignorance prevail........

However......
I for one would love to see the movie made.

You're serious? :hot:

The cadet corps fought as a unit at New Market. Ten cadets died of wounds suffered on the rain-soaked Shenandoah Valley battlefield, where many of them lost their shoes in the deep mud.

"I think the boys deserve it," Farrell said about telling the story.

The battle's legacy continues to define VMI and its values of honor, self-sacrifice and duty. To this day, VMI's New Market commemoration draws the largest audience of any of the Lexington military college's dress parades.

My post is brought on by sentiments from my area. People up in arms about the battle flag. Most don't want to hear about the history and only see it as hate.
I myself tried to explain my vacation at Olustee to a fellow employee and I get a look like I pushed a nun off a cliff.
Some people will believe what they want, which is sad.
All I can do is shake my head.

From the article:
If you’re fed up with Hollywood's inaccurate, slanderous, anti-South movies, and want to finally see the Confederacy portrayed honestly, correctly, and sympathetically, please lend us your support.

:rofl::rofl:
Apparently they've never seen Gone With The Wind or Gods And Generals. Wow.:rolleyes:

Wonder if they'll cover NBF's slave trading?

I have said before that I watch movies for their entertainment value and that still holds true for me.

"A REBEL BORN": THE MOVIE - Based on Lochlainn's popular award-winning biography "A Rebel Born: A Defense of Nathan Bedford Forrest," this promises to be the most provocative, historically accurate, and most talked about American Civil War film of all time: Lincoln's War as seen through the eyes of the South!..
If you’re fed up with Hollywood's inaccurate, slanderous, anti-South movies, and want to finally see the Confederacy portrayed honestly, correctly, and sympathetically..,
us:www.facebook.com/ARebelBornTheMovie SEA RAVEN PRESS: restoring Dixie’s honor, defending traditional Southern culture, preserving authentic Confederate history. www.SeaRavenPress.com

[/QUOTE]

However, claims such as these always, regardless of "side" taken, arouse the skeptic in me. I hope they get it accomplished, and I hope it is as advertised but until then color me skeptical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back