PODCAST A Podcast? Sure, that's a good idea!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Eric Wittenberg

2nd Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
Let me act as a voice of caution.

Some of the people that have been suggested as possible guests will not be easy to get. Some demand payment. Others think that they're far too important for such things (a few people specifically come to mind, but I won't name them publicly).

That's just being realistic--and being realistic is important when it comes to such things.

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
Do one with yourself. CivilWarTalk... if it was not for you...We would not be here talking, debating, showing photos of the 1860’s - 1865 Civil War years. And many other discussions that we have posted here!
Good idea! I guess I could do the interview!

civilwartalk

Lieutenant General
Owner & Webmaster
Let me act as a voice of caution.

Some of the people that have been suggested as possible guests will not be easy to get. Some demand payment. Others think that they're far too important for such things (a few people specifically come to mind, but I won't name them publicly).

That's just being realistic--and being realistic is important when it comes to such things.
That's when we will leverage the power of the community, but we need to start somewhere too.

At any rate, I've got a great list. I'm still in the planning stages. Podcast will probably be called "Hardtack & Coffee". I believe I have most of the tools I need to make this happen. We will likely publish the podcast to YouTube, SoundCloud, iTunes, and Google Play. I'm excited to get started.

I'm hoping today or tomorrow I will put out a Civil War News Roundup called "Thomas's Weekly", so watch for that.

Jimklag

Lt. Colonel
Silver Patron
That's when we will leverage the power of the community, but we need to start somewhere too.

At any rate, I've got a great list. I'm still in the planning stages. Podcast will probably be called "Hardtack & Coffee". I believe I have most of the tools I need to make this happen. We will likely publish the podcast to YouTube, SoundCloud, iTunes, and Google Play. I'm excited to get started.

I'm hoping today or tomorrow I will put out a Civil War News Roundup called "Thomas's Weekly", so watch for that.
Good luck, Mike. If you need any help with stuff other than "on-the-air," let me know.

Eric Wittenberg

2nd Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales

Mike, feel free to discuss with me via PM if you like. As you know, I know nearly everyone that has been suggested, and can give you some insight on whom I think will be more likely to be willing to give you their time.

1950lemans

First Sergeant
I think it would be best if we tried to get our own members. Many have expertise in CW topics.

Also as mentioned some of the suggestions for guests will cost a lot. Example: Doris Kearns Goodwin is coming to my area. There's ads in the media telling when and where to call for tickets. Definitely not free. It's like a rock star coming to the arena! LOL

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)