PODCAST A Podcast? Sure, that's a good idea!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Oh, dear, no! I'm certainly not podcast material. Thank you for saying so, though! I love the idea of Mike doing podcasts. Mary Dee has a good point. Would transcripts be available? For those of us with hearing problems, especially ringing! that would be a very nice item.
Diane, I love your modesty and humor. You would be awesome as a podcast interviewee on the subject of your favorite General. However, I completely understand your reluctance on reasons of health and auditory challenges. And you and Mary Dee are right - transcripts would be awesome. I know none of us is going to be able to listen to all the podcasts.

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
What if it featured one well known person and then something from someone not well known, following? It's crazy how many rangers have terrific stories. There are extremely good blogs out there, too, probably easy to find someone not well known ( maybe recommended by the author/historian, ). Following up material from what was discussed by the ' name ', maybe with a favorite human interest story?

Tom Elmore, was he already mentioned?

What about @ucvrelics.com ? Most everyone likes to hear about about wonderful finds and I know he has a wonderful collection. He would be very interesting to listen to.
Great idea, Tina. Also, Louie P. Gallo, @Louieg2 , is an editor at the U.S. Grant Presidential Library and could offer a great deal of insight into Grant's memoirs and everything U.S. Grant.

dlavin

First Sergeant
Any author who is a member here is a great start. I didn't see John Hoptak listed. I would definitely subscribe.

I subscribe to another ACW podcast. Typical shows are 30 minutes in length which I wouldn't go much over unless there is an interview. The podcast I listen to is very "history class" type approach. Don't get me wrong, the two who do it are very knowledgeable and seem to be well researched, but I find myself zoning out sometimes because of the approach.

dixie1861

First Sergeant
@diane; for me, she offers so much interesting information about Forrest and is
so quick with accurate information. May not be an author, I don't know if she is or
isn't, but her wealth of knowledge of NBF cannot go unnoticed.
I second that. :smile:

huskerblitz

Captain
What if it featured one well known person and then something from someone not well known, following? It's crazy how many rangers have terrific stories. There are extremely good blogs out there, too, probably easy to find someone not well known ( maybe recommended by the author/historian, ). Following up material from what was discussed by the ' name ', maybe with a favorite human interest story?

Tom Elmore, was he already mentioned?
I think using Park Rangers is a great idea. Knowledgeable and probably easier to access for something like a podcast.

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer

If I was to do a podcast, one of the features of the podcast would be an interview with an interesting person in the Civil War community.

If I move forward with this idea, who would you like me to contact and attempt to do a podcast with?
No opinion, as I have absolutely no way to receive or participate in such a thing.

Jamieva

1st Lieutenant
The Emerging Civil War guys and gals are a good source too.

Edward Alexander
Chris Kowalkowski
Chris Mackowski
Daniel Davis

etc

If you could get Ted Savas to talk about his business and publishing etc

Gary Gallagher would be a dream! I'm just watching his series of lectures at the Darden School of Business on Youtube and he is absolutely amazing!
You could include a section where questions from CWT members are forwarded to the podcast partner...

This having said I'm also in for the transcript. Or a video instead of the podcast. I'm not an "audio" person, I need something to anchor my eyes on, pure audio content is lost on me. Sadly.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!