A Plea To Resurrect Christmas Ghost Stories

NH Civil War Gal

Captain
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
I just read through that. There's a lot of ways to summon who your future husband is going to be. Yet this one strikes me as funny and darn difficult to do: "Exactly at the stroke of midnight, however, you can summon up your future husband or wife; and behold his or her image up the chimney."

I notice that none of these spells are directed towards males for them to behold their future wives! I wonder why that is?

John Winn

Major
BJ and I couldn't get this out of our/my head(s) and have been imagining all sorts of Stephen King-like Christmas ghost stories. You know - maybe the evil Santa or the carnivorous Rudolph ghost who lures children with his blinking nose. Sort of a "fractured fairy tales" kind of thing but a bit more sinister (old enough to remember fractured fairy tales ?).

OK kids - time for some bedtime Christmas stores about naughty and nice (mostly naughty) !

TnFed

First Sergeant
I just read through that. There's a lot of ways to summon who your future husband is going to be. Yet this one strikes me as funny and darn difficult to do: "Exactly at the stroke of midnight, however, you can summon up your future husband or wife; and behold his or her image up the chimney."

I notice that none of these spells are directed towards males for them to behold their future wives! I wonder why that is?
Might be too many to see. There is a saying in East TN...I'm working on my next ex wife. A big Merry Christmas to you NH Civil War Gal and all others on this forum.
TnFed.