Golden Thread A photo of your favorite Civil War treasure or display

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
goldenthread.jpg

Nominated by @captaindrew & @Mike Serpa

I just had and idea. Since many are spending more time at home. Why not take a photo of your favorite Civil War treasure or display. Here is mine. Now show us yours. Have a wonderful day.
Display 022220a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites are hanging on the wall in my bedroom. One is "The Battle Above The Clouds" by Mort Kunstler,custom framed with museum glass.

IMG_20200322_084341330.jpg

The other is a photo quality print of the Regimental Flag of the 40th Alabama Infantry from the Alabama State Archives,custom framed with museum glass.

IMG_20200322_084504396.jpg

I'm trying to send a photo of some of my Confederate Money but can't get the smart phone to cooperate this morning., This tablet's camera also stopped working. it is not on display yet. When I find the right shadowbox or build one it will be on the wall for all to see. I realize it'll all belong to someone else in a few years but in the mean time I'd rather not have it fade out.

Here is another one of my favorite pieces in my collection. The UCV parade uniform and UCV canteen of George Williams 8th Texas cav.
DSCN2681.JPG
DSCN2685.JPG
DSCN2687.JPG
DSCN2690.JPG
DSCN2697.JPG
DSCN2698.JPG

Great idea Dave, As there are no shows going on this would be the best way to see collections and learn about pieces we have not before seen. Lets keep it going. Here is my display of bullets, buttons and other small artifacts.

View attachment 351833
I love how you display the bullets. Where did you get the cabinet? That is amazing. Thanks for the post,

My favorites are hanging on the wall in my bedroom. One is "The Battle Above The Clouds" by Mort Kunstler,custom framed with museum glass.

View attachment 351837

The other is a photo quality print of the Regimental Flag of the 40th Alabama Infantry from the Alabama State Archives,custom framed with museum glass.

View attachment 351838O
Oh I need something like this for my walls.

I love how you display the bullets. Where did you get the cabinet? That is amazing. Thanks for the post,
The prints letter boxs are an excellent way to display bullets buttons etc.
1584891026350.png

I'm trying to send a photo of some of my Confederate Money but can't get the smart phone to cooperate this morning., This tablet's camera also stopped working. it is not on display yet. When I find the right shadowbox or build one it will be on the wall for all to see. I realize it'll all belong to someone else in a few years but in the mean time I'd rather not have it fade out.
Looking forward to the photos.

Back