NF A note of caution is needed

Non-Fiction

Eric Wittenberg

1st Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
It has come to my attention that Keith Poulter has resurrected North & South magazine. I lost about $25,000 due to his incompetent and corrupt management of the prior magazine, which was the SECOND business that he ran into the ground. When he drove N&S into the ground, hundreds of people who had prepaid for subscriptions lost their money. Be very, very careful about spending your hard-earned dollars with this guy. If you like the product and want to buy it at the news stand, then fine. But under no circumstances should you pay for a subscription--you will inevitably get screwed over.

For my take on the failure of the first iteration of the magazine, please see this blog post that I wrote in 2009: http://civilwarcavalry.com/?p=1315.

download.jpg

Eric. I hope you and the other investors were able to get at least a portion of your investment back. You have my sympathy. A similar situation happened to my sister and I on an investment we both had in a California based company. David.

Eric. I hope you and the other investors were able to get at least a portion of your investment back. You have my sympathy. A similar situation happened to my sister and I on an investment we both had in a California based company. David.

Not a single thin dime, David. Flushed down the proverbial toilet to pay for his trips to China to go court his future (present) wife. All investors lost everything, and lots of authors never got paid for their work.

Not a single thin dime, David. Flushed down the proverbial toilet to pay for his trips to China to go court his future (present) wife. All investors lost everything, and lots of authors never got paid for their work.
Eric. Your are preaching to the choir brother. My sister and I lost every cent we invested with this company which was quite a bit of money. I thought I was pretty smart with investments but I was more sorry for my sister than myself. I was very sorry to get both of us involved with this company. David.

Interesting news that it has returned, I'd never subscribe, but I recall there being a few interesting articles to come out of N&S in the past.

I'm just surprised it has returned given the investment and subscription issues that ended badly for the investors and subscribers.

Interesting news that it has returned, I'd never subscribe, but I recall there being a few interesting articles to come out of N&S in the past.

I'm just surprised it has returned given the investment and subscription issues that ended badly for the investors and subscribers.

That makes two of us, which is why I felt compelled to spread the word.

Doesn't this place him (Poulter) within reach of litigation?
Lubliner.

Perhaps. From my perspective, it would be a complete waste of time because he's uncollectible (the term is judgment proof). And I'm a litigator with 32 years of experience. I know when someone's judgment proof. Under those circumstances, I would advise not throwing good money after bad. I'm taking my own advice.

Another bit of info, and a personal opinion, when Poulter's 3W company took over (by way of TSR) the publication of Strategy & Tactics and Moves Magazine in the old board wargaming community, I thought the quality suffered severely when compared to the days those magazines existed under the old original Strategic Publications, Inc. (SPI) banner of Dunnigan and Simonsen. I think much of the board wargaming community would agree. Just my 2-cents on a related Poulter issue.

Another bit of info, and a personal opinion, when Poulter's 3W company took over (by way of TSR) the publication of Strategy & Tactics and Moves Magazine in the old board wargaming community, I thought the quality suffered severely when compared to the days those magazines existed under the old original Strategic Publications, Inc. (SPI) banner of Dunnigan and Simonsen. I think much of the board wargaming community would agree. Just my 2-cents on a related Poulter issue.

3W is the other failed business referenced in my original post. Thanks for weighing in.

I would hate to see anyone else get fleeced like I did. I know of someone else who lost $29,000 in the failure of the first iteration of the magazine.
I am glad you posted that because ads for the new N & S have been popping up everywhere.

That's how I learned that this particular example of the walking dead was around. Like I said, I want to protect others from getting fleeced.
Lotta familiar names in the comments to your blog post cited in your OP too.

"The official magazine of The Civil War Society".

The only Civil War Society I know of, was publishing pretty horrible "coffee table" books with grossly generalized subjects and treatment of the war about a couple of decades ago. They used to publish a magazine called "Civil War" that was also lacking a lot.

Wonder if they are related

"The official magazine of The Civil War Society".

The only Civil War Society I know of, was publishing pretty horrible "coffee table" books with grossly generalized subjects and treatment of the war about a couple of decades ago. They used to publish a magazine called "Civil War" that was also lacking a lot.

Wonder if they are related

One and the same, E.

It has come to my attention that Keith Poulter has resurrected North & South magazine. I lost about $25,000 due to his incompetent and corrupt management of the prior magazine, which was the SECOND business that he ran into the ground. When he drove N&S into the ground, hundreds of people who had prepaid for subscriptions lost their money. Be very, very careful about spending your hard-earned dollars with this guy. If you like the product and want to buy it at the news stand, then fine. But under no circumstances should you pay for a subscription--you will inevitably get screwed over.

For my take on the failure of the first iteration of the magazine, please see this blog post that I wrote in 2009: http://civilwarcavalry.com/?p=1315.

View attachment 311072
Good to know. Thanks.

Back