A new Don Troiani print Presenting the Colors.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Honored Fallen Comrade
1466121_320291624779031_1043140341_n.jpg

From Troiani's Facebook:

Here is a new painting that was a commission for a client . The subject "Presenting the Colors" represents a typical local Confederate flag presentation in the first year of the war. This will be a print in a few weeks.​

Troiani did this one of the 19th Indiana Infantry of the Iron Brigade at Gettysburg not too long ago, "The Black Hats." I was just about to mention how I know you would like this one Shadow, since you have an ancestor who fought in the 19th Indiana.
Expired Image Removed

Troiani did this one of the 19th Indiana Infantry of the Iron Brigade at Gettysburg not too long ago, "The Black Hats." I was just about to mention how I know you would like this one Shadow, since you have an ancestor who fought in the 19th Indiana.
Expired Image Removed
Thanks for posting, AUG! I was familiar with one of his older paintings of the Iron Brigade at Gettysburg (seen below), but I had not seen this one yet. I think the colorbearers furling and casing the colors (it looks like the painting is of them being forced back in the afternoon, so I assume that's what they're doing) in the newer painting really adds to the desperation of the moment.
1-2-86E-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0h4n3-a_349.jpg

Expired Image Removed
Beautiful work

Thanks for posting, AUG! I was familiar with one of his older paintings of the Iron Brigade at Gettysburg (seen below), but I had not seen this one yet. I think the colorbearers furling and casing the colors (it looks like the painting is of them being forced back in the afternoon, so I assume that's what they're doing) in the newer painting really adds to the desperation of the moment.
1-2-86E-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0h4n3-a_349.jpg
I can't remember the name but I know that one is of the 24th Michigan facing the 26th North Carolina. Troiani also painted this one, "The Boy Colonel", of Colonel Henry King Burgwyn Jr. of the 26th North Carolina.
Expired Image Removed

Expired Image Removed
I learned something from this print!!! I did not know they had covers for the flags,

I can't remember the name but I know that one is of the 24th Michigan facing the 26th North Carolina. Troiani also painted this one, "The Boy Colonel", of Colonel Henry King Burgwyn Jr. of the 26th North Carolina.
Expired Image Removed

That's one of the three I own, the others being Bronze Guns and Iron Men ( Maj. John Pelham at Fredericksburg ) and George Washington at Brandywine; I bought it at The Horse Soldier in Gettysburg to display beneath my officer's swords. Bronze Guns... is beneath cavalry sabers:

DSC01327.JPG

Back