A Model 1816 Harpers Ferry Flintlock Lamp?!?

toot

Corporal
thanks for the great info. I for many years did historical reenactment's at SMITH'S CASTLE/ COCUMCUSSICS. for many years till it just petered out. those were good times! a VESSEL came into the cove and fired cannons at us, ETC. as stated great times! so your family member was from MASS?

bobinwmass

Corporal
thanks for the great info. I for many years did historical reenactment's at SMITH'S CASTLE/ COCUMCUSSICS. for many years till it just petered out. those were good times! a VESSEL came into the cove and fired cannons at us, ETC. as stated great times! so your family member was from MASS?
One of the original Puritans to Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1630.

toot

Corporal
WOW! what an ancestral history, it doesn't get much older than that! my family came over on the 2SD, group of PURITIANS. on my mothers side. so I am not to far behind you.

Jeff in Ohio

Sergeant
As for ancestral history, I always remember R E Lee's comment about Ely Parker, Seneca Indian who served as Grant's adjunct at the surrender, that at least there was one real American present.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I am not sure what to think of this lamp. It is interesting, but sad the flintlock was damaged.

Jeff in Ohio

Sergeant
I am not sure what to think of this lamp. It is interesting, but sad the flintlock was damaged.
Maybe the musket would have lasted all these years unchanged if it had not been made into a floor lamp, but maybe it would have be pitched into the rubbish if not - think of it this way, of all the flintlock muskets that survive, maybe 1 out of five hundred have been turned into a lamp.