A little help. please from someone who has Steve Mullinax's First Edition of "Confederate Belt Buckles and Plates"

I would appreciate if you have this book to look up the dimensions listed for plate #184 Snake Buckle. I have the newer Expanded Edition, but for some reason there are different numbers used. Makes no sense. Thanks in advance, John

I lost most of my books in the flood last year but I do have Charlie's new book on snake buckles and it list all the dimensions if that will help let me know which one it is.
1613866998087.png

Plate 184 is listed as 49 x 63 mm
Thank you for your response and time. That lines up with plate #204 in the Expanded
Edition. One would have thought the editors would have kept the plate numbers the same in the later edition of the book. Plate #184 in the Expanded Edition is a rectangular Sheet Brass 43mm x 69mm.
I had forgotten to check my copy of "Suppliers to the Confederacy Vol.2" by Craig Barry. He gives a lot of information about the History of the buckles where Mullinax only gives a brief description. A very helpful book. Once again Thanks

Thank you for your response and time. That lines up with plate #204 in the Expanded
Edition. One would have thought the editors would have kept the plate numbers the same in the later edition of the book. Plate #184 in the Expanded Edition is a rectangular Sheet Brass 43mm x 69mm.
I had forgotten to check my copy of "Suppliers to the Confederacy Vol.2" by Craig Barry. He gives a lot of information about the History of the buckles where Mullinax only gives a brief description. A very helpful book. Once again Thanks
You still need to get Charlie's book on Snake Buckles.

Back