Tell me more! A Little Help Needed! UDC World War 1 Southern Cross Of Service. Can We Find His CS Ancestorss

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
Most folks know that after the CW, The UDC United Daughters Of The Confederacy gave the Southern Cross Of Honor to most CS Vets but as the years went by and the wars kept coming, they gave out the Southern Cross Of Service to CS descendants who fought in them. Here is one that was given to a WW1 veteran who I believe is Robert Bernard Bratton. What is unique in the paperwork is it states World War as they weren't numbered till the next one. I need some help in finding who he was and hopefully who his CS ancestors where. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DSCN3106.JPG
DSCN3108.JPG
DSCN3117.JPG
DSCN3119.JPG
DSCN3120.JPG

That great info Thanks. So this would be his father. Being a CS Doc @lelliott19 should know more about his CW service.
Bratton, J R.jpg

Very well could be as the name Bernard is prevalent throughout the past family members.

Very well could be as the name Bernard is prevalent throughout the past family members.
If you find this turns into a dead end for some reason, let me know and I’ll go and dig some more.
Momma always returned military, Masonic, fraternity, sorority and other pins either back to the family or to the organization’s headquarters if they ever turned up in jewelry box lots.
I see this as a continuation of something she’d have approved if; so, I’ll gladly help however I’m able.

If you find this turns into a dead end for some reason, let me know and I’ll go and dig some more.
Momma always returned military, Masonic, fraternity, sorority and other pins either back to the family or to the organization’s headquarters if they ever turned up in jewelry box lots.
I see this as a continuation of something she’d have approved if; so, I’ll gladly help however I’m able.
Thanks for all the help. I have Fold3 but not the other ones.

Thanks for all the help. I have Fold3 but not the other ones.
Any time. I thought I needed to send you another generation. I was multi-tasking getting the info for Bratton while working on projects around the house. Glad another member could fill in the missing generation.
Let me know if you want me to dm the “clean” three generations to you for your research. It’s no problem.

Last edited:
Back