A grateful newcomer

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
New to the forum, though I've been researching my own little corner of the Civil War for over 15 years. It all started with an antebellum diary that belonged to friends of ours in Canada, and that I became quietly obsessed with. I published a volume called Two Civil Wars, based on that diary, with LSU Press in 2016, and am just finishing a Life of the Confederate chaplain Father Darius Hubert, S.J. I've been extremely fortunate thus far in finding generous and knowledgeable interlocutors, mostly through email. I expect this forum to be full of eminently and dangerously appealing distractions as well as troves of new information.
Welcome to the forum. I am especially interested in your book on the life of Chaplain Hubert. I am just getting involved in reenacting and my impression will be that of a Chaplain in the 10th Virginia Infantry the Valley Guards. I have been reading up on chaplains in the war and would be very interested when your work will be published. Best Regards.

Welcome to the forum. I am especially interested in your book on the life of Chaplain Hubert. I am just getting involved in reenacting and my impression will be that of a Chaplain in the 10th Virginia Infantry the Valley Guards. I have been reading up on chaplains in the war and would be very interested when your work will be published. Best Regards.
If you're interested in an appetizer I've just published an article on him in U.S. Catholic Historian 37/1 (Winter 2019): "The Contrasting Legacies of Confederate Priests Abram Ryan and Darius Hubert, S.J."

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)