A grateful newcomer

New to the forum, though I've been researching my own little corner of the Civil War for over 15 years. It all started with an antebellum diary that belonged to friends of ours in Canada, and that I became quietly obsessed with. I published a volume called Two Civil Wars, based on that diary, with LSU Press in 2016, and am just finishing a Life of the Confederate chaplain Father Darius Hubert, S.J. I've been extremely fortunate thus far in finding generous and knowledgeable interlocutors, mostly through email. I expect this forum to be full of eminently and dangerously appealing distractions as well as troves of new information.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
New to the forum, though I've been researching my own little corner of the Civil War for over 15 years. It all started with an antebellum diary that belonged to friends of ours in Canada, and that I became quietly obsessed with. I published a volume called Two Civil Wars, based on that diary, with LSU Press in 2016, and am just finishing a Life of the Confederate chaplain Father Darius Hubert, S.J. I've been extremely fortunate thus far in finding generous and knowledgeable interlocutors, mostly through email. I expect this forum to be full of eminently and dangerously appealing distractions as well as troves of new information.
Welcome.

Jimklag

Lt. Colonel
Silver Patron
Welcome aboard, Kate, from the Railroads and Steam Locomotives forum.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)