A Gentleman's Rules for Horseback Riding with a Lady.

Very cool! Great post. I wish guys were this chivalrous these days. :frantic:

I think that has more to do with us than it does men these days. It's not improper for us to just jump in the saddle ourselves, so we typically do it unassisted, for instance. I'm paying at least one toll because I wouldn't feel right otherwise. I'll also try riding over rough terrain because I want to prove I can. lol

I think that has more to do with us than it does men these days. It's not improper for us to just jump in the saddle ourselves, so we typically do it unassisted, for instance. I'm paying at least one toll because I wouldn't feel right otherwise. I'll also try riding over rough terrain because I want to prove I can. lol
Hahaha, I can understand that. I was referring more to the lack of gentlemen-ly (is that even a word?) qualities in guys these days. e.g., holding the door open for ladies, those kinds of things that many guys now don't even think of. And these men back in the day had a long, long list to meet for the lady's approval, as we can see from this post. More than just the simple task of holding a door open. :smile:

Hahaha, I can understand that. I was referring more to the lack of gentlemen-ly (is that even a word?) qualities in guys these days. e.g., holding the door open for ladies, those kinds of things that many guys now don't even think of. And these men back in the day had a long, long list to meet for the lady's approval, as we can see from this post. More than just the simple task of holding a door open. :smile:

I think we had a role in beating that out of them too. lol You can only stand up and say you don't want someone to do something so many times before they finally give you your wish.... we've almost raised the last couple generations NOT to do gentlemanly things, we can't blame them for not doing them. At least that's my observation.

I think we had a role in beating that out of them too. lol You can only stand up and say you don't want someone to do something so many times before they finally give you your wish.... we've almost raised the last couple generations NOT to do gentlemanly things, we can't blame them for not doing them. At least that's my observation.
Yeah, I agree with that, and sadly that is the case.

Back