In the Field A Few Nice Finds From Todays Hunt

I have found 8 of them in this camp as they were issued new uniforms so I guess there was some alterations going on.
Are they all squished like that? I keep thinking it would make a neat necklace if flat, or *gasp* sew with it!!

Are they all squished like that? I keep thinking it would make a neat necklace if flat, or *gasp* sew with it!!
Yes, being in a cotton field the tractors wreak havoc on them and buttons.

I'll share an excellent Texas Confederate site with you Tom just got permission for us to hunt (he's already been having a field day without me). IF you share a Vicksburg site, or any good one really.

Because I'm nice....
You better check with Tom on that, besides I have an open invite from him to come dig anytime. I'll be more than happy to take y'all to some spots in and around Vburg and the Big Black but my virgin CS camp here is another matter. :nah disagree:

You better check with Tom on that, besides I have an open invite from him to come dig anytime. I'll be more than happy to take y'all to some spots in and around Vburg and the Big Black but my virgin CS camp here is another matter. :nah disagree:

Tom's been wondering if he'd ever hear back from you on the Shiloh site. He's been after this place for a while and its a mostly virgin CS Cavalry training camp site. There's even one Confederate built structure still standing out there.

I was jokingly offering, but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't mind all things considered. If I invited anyone else I'd have dug myself into a major hole.

Tom's been wondering if he'd ever hear back from you on the Shiloh site. He's been after this place for a while and its a mostly virgin CS Cavalry training camp site. There's even one Confederate built structure still standing out there.

I was jokingly offering, but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't mind all things considered. If I invited anyone else I'd have dug myself into a major hole.
Bob and I are headed to Corinth next month, April 9 - 11th y'all come on over.

Bob and I are headed to Corinth next month, April 9 - 11th y'all come on over.

I'll just have to pass it on to Tom. I promised to go to Louisiana about that time for a very important Forrest Re-internment meeting with one of the powers-that-be, (I've been a bad boy with all my feelings on the issue and it reached the top from several different angles. It's kind of a peace conference that's been shut down and postponed by our recent weather cycle.)

Plus I may be starting a new job next week that came to me a BIG offer that'll be curtailing a lot of my travels.

Back