In the Field A Few Nice Finds From Todays Hunt

ucvrelics

Colonel
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Curious to know if many Indian Relics turn up in these hunts. Good grounds, thinks me!
Lubliner.
I have found many Indian artifacts in this site and at @Tom Hughes stated a site for CW camp is also a good site for Indians and in this case its 6 very nice springs as fresh water was a must.

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
I believe April will be in bloom come April! She is mighty pretty but a tough woman who spent eight years in prison!
I believe the Cracker Barrel coffers will suffer that weekend in Corinth as another restaurant will be visited!
Regards
David
Who says romance is dead? I didn't realize that I was being taken along as a chaperone.

Last edited:

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
Talked to Tom today and he's eager to come on out to Corinth again. As soon as I find the UCV business card I was using as a bookmark, I'll call Tom and pass along the phone number (again.....) as he wants to call you first @ucvrelics.

Also he didn't mind me inviting you to his new site in Jefferson, he was telling me to when I explained I already had.:D He's already been finding knapsack parts and buttons and its eating me alive I can't get free to go over there! Especially when he said there was a bulldozer for me to play in the dirt with!

Expect a call from him tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lubliner

Captain
Forum Host
I have found many Indian artifacts in this site and at @Tom Hughes stated a site for CW camp is also a good site for Indians and in this case its 6 very nice springs as fresh water was a must.
When I roamed Vicksburg in 1990, I descended one of the overgrown embankments down to the water's edge. There was a small tree, no bigger than 3 or 4 inches in diameter that had washed over with it's root system standing above water. The rest was submerged, and within it's roots I saw a bone. I was able to balance myself out to the roots and plucked it up. It was a human thigh bone, to the best of my knowledge. I left it under an overpass adjacent to the confederate front line, not knowing at the time what else to do with it.
Lubliner.

Yea but I'll take fertilized and plowed CS relics over pristine yankee relics any day :D
The fertilizer missed this :smile:
VAplate.jpg

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
I believe April will be in bloom come April! She is mighty pretty but a tough woman who spent eight years in prison!
I believe the Cracker Barrel coffers will suffer that weekend in Corinth as another restaurant will be visited!
Regards
David
If we miss the Waffle House then I'll know that things have gotten serious and since I don't know diddly about the relic business, if he doesn't make it to the show then I'd say that there will be bargains galore at his table. :help:

Last edited:

Ole Miss

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
The Waffle House ladies will certainly miss the tip money our protagonist would normally share with them. If he chooses not to attend to his relics, why not join Cole and I and we will go to Shiloh and you can pat and rub cannons to your heart's content?

It could be dangerous to be around our Champion when he is a'courting his lady friend as his pawing of the ground might accidently expose new relics!

It could be that Puddin might not want you around when he struggles to speak to Miss April?

Regards
David
PS Perhaps Meses. Laura and Diane might like to witness the festivities! You know the ladies love a romance story!

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
Tom's got a number and is ready to go up there. Kind of eager too I think....

A bunch of stuff has been happening twisting my schedule around, plus a lot of SCV related headaches making me want to strangle people, so who knows I MIGHT tag along with Tom. Digging in Mississippi dirt, and looking around Shiloh or Mr. DeBerry's museum sounds like a good stress reliever.

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was calling my brother to have him, (he's the mechanic) help me fix my truck and his wife saying no because she needed him to do dishes and clean the house...

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
The Waffle House ladies will certainly miss the tip money our protagonist would normally share with them. If he chooses not to attend to his relics, why not join Cole and I and we will go to Shiloh and you can pat and rub cannons to your heart's content?

It could be dangerous to be around our Champion when he is a'courting his lady friend as his pawing of the ground might accidently expose new relics!

It could be that Puddin might not want you around when he struggles to speak to Miss April?

Regards
David
PS Perhaps Meses. Laura and Diane might like to witness the festivities! You know the ladies love a romance story!
It ought to be a most interesting weekend.

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
Michael sorry about your truck and family situation. Come on to Mississippi and I will skip my daily golf match to take you to Shiloh!
Regards
David

The family ain't the problem, (this time), just my mechanical genius brother's wife wanting to do everything while she kicks back. He's good with it and loves her to death so I must support him. I just got a electrical issue in that truck I can't figure out or find and have waited a couple months on him after I fixed all the other issues.

I don't know how me and him are supposed to restore our grandad's 49 Ford on top of that with such tardiness.

It ain't that that would keep me away, just a lot of other things, most very good things at that, I can't pass up. But if I can escape all twenty or thirty pressing issues, with a LOT of them falling on that weekend I may tag along with Tom.

Between a "peace conference" in Louisiana, and meeting up with all y'all at Shiloh, it's a tough decision. Hopefully life and its circumstances will decide for me.

Though big head's up, I'll probably be halfway distracted making uniforms for a couple fellas for the Forrest Re-internment.