Trivia 9-16-2020 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I was born in Prussia in 1826. Not long after the revolutionary days in 1848 I emigrated to the United States and made my home in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, where among other jobs I worked as an engineer in the railroad business.
At the beginning of the Civil War I joined the Union Army as a Captain under fellow German General Franz Sigel and was present at Wilson's Creek. After three months of service I was appointed colonel of the 9th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment. My service led me into Indian Territory to what you now call Oklahoma. During that Indian expedition our commander was constantly drunk and so I had to forcibly remove and arrest him.
I was appointed brigadier general of volunteers on July 18, 1862. I failed to capture Newtonia, Missouri in the First Battle of Newtonia, but was a division commander under Benjamin Prentiss at the Battle of Helena. I was mustered out in April 1865, but on January 13, 1866 Pres. Andrew Johnson nominated me for appointment to the grade of brevet major general of volunteers to rank from March 13, 1865, which US Senate eventually confirmed March 12, 1866.
After the war I went to Utah Territory, where I lived in Salt Lake City until my death in 1897.
Who am I?

credit: @FarawayFriend

I was born in Prussia in 1826. Not long after the revolutionary days in 1848 I emigrated to the United States and made my home in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, where among other jobs I worked as an engineer in the railroad business.
At the beginning of the Civil War I joined the Union Army as a Captain under fellow German General Franz Sigel and was present at Wilson's Creek. After three months of service I was appointed colonel of the 9th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment. My service led me into Indian Territory to what you now call Oklahoma. During that Indian expedition our commander was constantly drunk and so I had to forcibly remove and arrest him.
I was appointed brigadier general of volunteers on July 18, 1862. I failed to capture Newtonia, Missouri in the First Battle of Newtonia, but was a division commander under Benjamin Prentiss at the Battle of Helena. I was mustered out in April 1865, but on January 13, 1866 Pres. Andrew Johnson nominated me for appointment to the grade of brevet major general of volunteers to rank from March 13, 1865, which US Senate eventually confirmed March 12, 1866.
After the war I went to Utah Territory, where I lived in Salt Lake City until my death in 1897.
Who am I?

Friedrich Salomon

Frederick C. Salomon

FCSalomon.jpg

Who am I?

Frederick C. Salomon (1826-1897).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back