Trivia 9-15-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Waits

Cadet
Myra Maybelle Shirley

Edit - Sorry, Dutch Waits, Myra Maybelle Shirley did eventually marry one of Quantrill's Raiders, but I can find no information indication that she was ever close to William Quantrill.

Welcome to the trivia game, anyway. Hope you'll come back and play again.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:

ecaslin

Cadet
Early in the war I was kidnapped by guerillas and I later became William C. Quantrill's mistress. Upon his death I found out that I was in his will and came into half of his loot from the war. I used his money to open a posh brothel in St. Louis. Who am I? I will accept either name as some historians say she was known by two different last names at different times.

credit: @Polloco
Sarah Katherine King or Sarah Quantrill?

Edit - You get credit for a correct answer, ecaslin. Welcome to CivilWarTalk and to the trivia game.

Hope you'll come back and play again.

hoosier

tsuki

Cadet
Early in the war I was kidnapped by guerillas and I later became William C. Quantrill's mistress. Upon his death I found out that I was in his will and came into half of his loot from the war. I used his money to open a posh brothel in St. Louis. Who am I? I will accept either name as some historians say she was known by two different last names at different times.

credit: @Polloco
I would say Sara Catherine King, a.k.a. Kate Clark

Edit - Correct, tsuki. Welcome to CivilWarTalk and to the trivia game.

If you haven't done so already, you're invited to stop by the Camp of Instruction for New Recruits and introduce yourself to some more CivilWarTalkers.

Hope you'll come back and play again.

hoosier

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Answer: Kate Clarke or Kate King
Source: Stewart Sifakis "Who Was Who in the Civil War"

Edit - It appears that Kate's first name could also have been Sarah, Catherine, or Katherine, and her last name could also have been Quantrill or Head. Any of these answers received credit.

We had a lot of first-time players on this question. Maybe we need more questions that include the words "post brothel." :smile:

hoosier

Status
Not open for further replies.