8th Annual Jefferson Civil War Symposium, 8/9 - 8/10/2019

Nathanb1

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
The following day, Sunday, after staying another night in the beautiful Benefield House B&B I decided to take advantage of the fact that our Symposium fee also included admission to the Jefferson Historical Museum in the old U. S. Custom House and Courts Building. In the relatively new model RR display I'd never seen before, I ran into one of our Symposium organizers, Weldon Nash, with whom I made arrangements to again exhibit my collection at next year's event.

Ah well. We'll make an effort!

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
The following day, Sunday, after staying another night in the beautiful Benefield House B&B I decided to take advantage of the fact that our Symposium fee also included admission to the Jefferson Historical Museum in the old U. S. Custom House and Courts Building. In the relatively new model RR display I'd never seen before, I ran into one of our Symposium organizers, Weldon Nash, with whom I made arrangements to again exhibit my collection at next year's event.
I'm sure I would have done that too if I had stayed Saturday night. Maybe next year. I don't think I have been in there since 2016.

James N.

Colonel
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
I'm sure I would have done that too if I had stayed Saturday night. Maybe next year. I don't think I have been in there since 2016.
I was disappointed that NONE of their much-ballyhooed renovation has actually been done, apart from erecting a costly cinder-block shaft for a new elevator to make it comply with codes. That also made the lower basement floor unavailable - where the bell to the steamboat Mittie Stephens and other relics of early Jefferson are. At least, the model RR was also included and is very nice.

Nathanb1

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Long story, but we're sitting here watching an episode of My Ghost Story in Jefferson...These people are nutty and really bad photographers...apparently bugs flying in front of their camera are scary.:rofl: "I seen ORBS." Example I laughed at? They were down by the Bayou on a ghost tour--close to where all the Hood's Brigade folks went to dinner together last year...know how there's always smoke in the air from the restaurant? Nope. That's a spirit (funny, it smelled like meat to me...). Thord a Mercy, as my great-grandmother used to say. :giggle: