Trivia 7-15-19 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming right should be ride (not something else changing the questions intent), I am going with Paul Joseph Revere.

Paul was one of two of Revere's grandsons killed during the CW. Paul is the only one "mortally wounded" on July 2, 1863 at Gettysburg. He died on July 4, 1863. The question specifically asks for a mortally wounded grandson so that would rule our Edward Revere as he was KIA at Antietam.

Revere source

Okay, I understand the question as follows: we should look for the grandson of the man who made the midnight ride between Lexington and Concord. (If that is wrong, then I guess a word is missing, describing what Grandpa did right at midnight before Lexington and Concord ...) And as two grandsons of that man were killed in the Civil War (which I have learned through an earlier Trivia question), I guess we should reply the one who was mortally wounded, but did not die during the battle...

That being said, I think the Grandfather is the famous hero from your War of Independence, Paul Revere.
That again means that the grandson who was mortally wounded in a battle for the Union would be Paul Joseph Revere, who was mortally wounded at Gettysburg and died two days later.
http://civilwarsaga.com/paul-reveres-grandsons-fought-in-the-civil-war/

The other grandson who was also mortally wounded, but died in a Civil War battle was Edward Hutchison Revere, who was mortally wounded and killed at Antietam.

But this source tells the story the other way round, with Edward being mortally wounded and Paul dying in the Battle of Gettysburg:
"Edward was mortally wounded at the Battle of Antietam and died in 1862. Paul Joseph died of his wounds at the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863. "
https://oldnorth.com/historic-site/54-joseph-warren-revere/

So while my final answer is Paul Joseph Revere, I think those who answer Edward H. Revere should get the points also.

I'm not sure who made the "midnight right" before Lexington & Concord but I'd imagine, if someone did, it had something to do with alcohol? :D Just kidding. I'm going to assume the question is asking about the midnight ride and that the desired answer is one of Paul Revere's grandsons? I'll go with the one who was mortally wounded July 2, 1862 at Gettysburg and died two days later.
Paul Joseph Revere (10 September 1832 – 4 July 1863) wiki/Paul_Joseph_Revere

A: Paul Joseph Revere

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/06/12/mf.civil.war/index.html

Edit - My interpretation was that the question intended to make a distinction between "mortally wounded" and "killed in action." Many sources indicate that Edward Revere was killed in action. However, since a source has been presented stating that Edward Revere was mortally wounded at Antietam, I will accept that answer as well. Those who answered with Edward's name may thank Faraway Friend for providing that source.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back