6th Michigan Infantry/Artillery

JamesKelly

Private
Anyone here have relatives in Company I?

Names of interest would be Capt. Alfred J. Ralph, Sgt. J. Blake Stoddard and Byron Stoddard, Leander Leighton, and George C. Perry.

I have a set of six coin silver spoons with these names on them.

Dad (Pennsylvania) bought these as a present for Mother (Michigander) I am wondering under what circumstances they were made. Appears to have been done after the war, as George Perry died at Baton Rouge July 1862, Sgt. Stoddard was discharged Aug 1862 but Byron Stoddard served through to August 1865.

I guess a reply after 6 years is better than never.
Harrison Soule was the original captain of Company I (Ralph's immediate superior) and a distant cousin of mine, if that counts.
I just completed a book about the 6th Michigan. I'd love to see a photo of those spoons, if it wouldn't be inconvenient to post one.

I guess a reply after 6 years is better than never.
Harrison Soule was the original captain of Company I (Ralph's immediate superior) and a distant cousin of mine, if that counts.
I just completed a book about the 6th Michigan. I'd love to see a photo of those spoons, if it wouldn't be inconvenient to post one.
Getting that photo may be tough. Looks like the OP hasn't been on CWT since 2017. But hey, that's not to say he won't come back....

Back