Trivia 6-6-17 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
New (Who am I?)
I was supposedly the first person from my state to volunteer. I was at Bull Run and afterwards turned down command of a new regiment, feeling I did not have the experience. About one year later, I became Colonel of another new regiment and was captured along with most of my men, bitterly following orders. After being exchanged, became a brigadier general and led my men at Gettysburg, playing an important role on the third day of battle. I served post-war as the Doorkeeper of the House of Representatives.

credit: @MC44

New (Who am I?)
I was supposedly the first person from my state to volunteer. I was at Bull Run and afterwards turned down command of a new regiment, feeling I did not have the experience. About one year later, I became Colonel of another new regiment and was captured along with most of my men, bitterly following orders. After being exchanged, became a brigadier general and led my men at Gettysburg, playing an important role on the third day of battle. I served post-war as the Doorkeeper of the House of Representatives.

credit: @MC44
George J. Stannard of Vermont

George Jerrison Stannard (October 20, 1820 – June 1, 1886) originally Lt Col of the 2nd Vermont; then Col of the 9th Vermont; captured at Harpers Ferry; then Brig Gen (12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th Vermont)

Charles Field?

Edit - Sorry, clskinsfan, Field was doorkeeper of the House after the Civil War, but he doesn't match with the other clues given in the question.

Welcome to the trivia game and to CivilWarTalk. If you haven't done so already, you're invited to stop by the New Recruits Meet & Greet forum and introduce yourself to some more CivilWarTalkers.

Hope you'll come back and play again.

Hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back