Trivia 6-12-17 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I was born in Virginia in 1824 to a prominent political family.
I was very close to my father and as a child Washington, D.C. was my playground.
My choice of mate would not please my family - but I was strong willed and determine to get my way.
During the antebellum years, off to California I would go, and with all America, I would witness the horrors of war, especially in the Western Theatre.
I was well acquainted with Abraham Lincoln, although I had a major “falling out” with him in 1961. I believe that President Lincoln would describe me as a person that was “too big for my britches”.
I eventually would return to California, where I would die at the age of 78 - many believing that “I was ahead of my time”. Who Am I

credit: @DBF

I was born in Virginia in 1824 to a prominent political family.
I was very close to my father and as a child Washington, D.C. was my playground.
My choice of mate would not please my family - but I was strong willed and determine to get my way.
During the antebellum years, off to California I would go, and with all America, I would witness the horrors of war, especially in the Western Theatre.
I was well acquainted with Abraham Lincoln, although I had a major “falling out” with him in 1961. I believe that President Lincoln would describe me as a person that was “too big for my britches”.
I eventually would return to California, where I would die at the age of 78 - many believing that “I was ahead of my time”. Who Am I

credit: @DBF
Jessie Anne Benton Fremont

Expired Image Removed
jesse_benton_fremont_medium.jpg

Jessie Ann Frémont (Benton)
Birthdate: May 31, 1824 (78)
Birthplace: Lexington, Rockbridge, Virginia, USA
Death: Died December 22, 1902 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, California, USA
Place of Burial: Piermont, Rockland, New York, United States
Immediate Family:

Daughter of Thomas Hart Benton, U.S. Senator ("Old Bullion") and Elizabeth Preston Benton
Wife of <private> Fremont and Maj. Gen. (USA) John Charles Frémont, "The Pathfinder"
Mother of Maj. John Frémont; Benton Fremont; Anne Fremont; Elizabeth Benton Mcdowell Fremont; Francis Fremont and 4 others; Anthony Benton Fremont; Darie Benton; Elizabeth Lilly Fremont and Lilly Frémont « less
Sister of Elizabeth P. Jones; Sarah Jacob; Susan Taylor Virginia McDowell de Boilleau; James Mcdowell Benton; John Randolph Benton and 3 others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back