5th New Jersey

Stepsue1962

Private
20170304_055614.jpg

Another GREAT piece of art. The only thing I see is the US box plate isn't correct.:whistling: Just saying.

Oh wow @Stepsue1962 I think this is the BEST one you have posted yet!!!! :bounce:

I just love the face on this one. His is the most expressive face we have seen in your paintings so far. Well done!

What is the musket he is carrying? I know the 12th NJ was issued model 1842 Springfields (still had them at Gettysburg) but is what you have pictured an 1841 Mississippi rifle. I see what looks like a bayonet lug for a sword bayonet on the side of the barrel. Is that correct? Apparently a few of these latter arms were issued to some NJ troops but I don't know to what NJ regiments they were issued.

What is the musket he is carrying? I know the 12th NJ was issued model 1842 Springfields (still had them at Gettysburg) but is what you have pictured an 1841 Mississippi rifle. I see what looks like a bayonet lug for a sword bayonet on the side of the barrel. Is that correct? Apparently a few of these latter arms were issued to some NJ troops but I don't know to what NJ regiments they were issued.
Its an austrian lorenz.54 cal..well my version anyway..hes 2nd div 111corps around the time of chancellorsville

Back