Trivia 5-23-19 travel buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not changing my answer (yet), but if you want to get dizzy, follow the artillery reserve routes taken by day as documented in the book link below. I am questioning my sanity because I have consumed so much time on a beautiful holiday weekend researching this question. I have attempted to follow the routes taken by the artillery reserve using different state maps. I can safely say there is not a consensus on anything especially what Corps they marched with. While I am sticking to my original answer as it is all that I have, it makes no sense based on other sources. Hopefully one of my Gettysburg books discusses this. Rant over, hopefully everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Rant over. Serenity now, serenity now.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Q...&q=union artillery reserve middletown&f=false

2nd Corps and 12th Corps

SOURCE: The Life and Letters of George Gordon Meade

Edit - It is apparent that various sources give numerous different answers to this question. I note in particular that the source cited in post # 22 to support the answer of 6th and 11th Corps is the same source that was cited in post # 26 to support the answer of 2nd and 12th Corps.

I conclude that the Artillery Reserve traveled with different corps at different times. In order to rule anybody's answer incorrect, I would have to try to find sources that would prove that it didn't travel with a particular corps at any time during the Confederate retreat. That would be more of a task than I'm willing to undertake.

Everyone who submitted an answer will get credit for a correct response to this question.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back