Trivia 5-16-18 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
5-16-18.jpg

I am a West Point graduate who was wounded at the First Battle of Bull Run and at the Battle of Spotsylvania. Perhaps my greatest contribution to the war effort was the employment of a new battle tactic during the Overland Campaign. This new method of attack would foreshadow tactics used in the warfare of World War I. The tactic involved columns of massed infantry that would swiftly assault a small part of the enemy line, without pausing to trade fire, and in doing so attempt to overwhelm the defenders and achieve a breakthrough. Who am I?

credit: @connecticut yankee

View attachment 187438
I am a West Point graduate who was wounded at the First Battle of Bull Run and at the Battle of Spotsylvania. Perhaps my greatest contribution to the war effort was the employment of a new battle tactic during the Overland Campaign. This new method of attack would foreshadow tactics used in the warfare of World War I. The tactic involved columns of massed infantry that would swiftly assault a small part of the enemy line, without pausing to trade fire, and in doing so attempt to overwhelm the defenders and achieve a breakthrough. Who am I?

credit: @connecticut yankee
Emory Upton (1839-1881)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back