1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

4th Michigan Infantry

Discussion in 'Period Civil War Photos & Examinations' started by amweiner, Mar 16, 2017.

1. amweiner

amweiner First Sergeant Trivia Game Winner Member of the Month

@major bill posted about the 4th Michigan in the Regimental Histories forum yesterday, but I wanted to be sure I posted these photos in the right spot. All of these are shots of men from the 4th Michigan, and were some of the first Civil War photos I remember seeing as a kid. Please forgive the somewhat poor quality - the book is too large to fit on my scanner. I can repost individual pics if anyone is interested.

All photos included in Landscapes of the Civil War (1995), Constance Sullivan (Ed.), Knopf Publishing.
    002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. major bill

major bill Major Forum Host

I have a copy of one of the soldiers in the original gray uniform issued by Michigan and worn until after the First Battle of Bull Run.

amweiner likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)