Trivia 4-23-19 Who are We

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
We both lived with the risk – quite literally; it's our family name. He went to West Point, was in a famous graduating class and became best friends with a Main rebel, then went on to Mexico but left the army to run the family's steel factory with his brother. And he was only fiction. I, however, was very real. I was with an artillery unit, fought on the Peninsula, commanded as captain at Antietam and Fredericksburg, in April 1863 was made chief of artillery of the II Corps (General Hunt even considered me one of his best artillery wizards of all his artillery units), continued serving until the close of the war when I was mustered out, and eventually died a month after my 65th birthday in 1897.

Who are we?

credit: @luinrina

You are George Hazard and Capt. John G. Hazard.
1556027233724.png

(Gettysburg Stone Sentinels)

We both lived with the risk – quite literally; it's our family name. He went to West Point, was in a famous graduating class and became best friends with a Main rebel, then went on to Mexico but left the army to run the family's steel factory with his brother. And he was only fiction. I, however, was very real. I was with an artillery unit, fought on the Peninsula, commanded as captain at Antietam and Fredericksburg, in April 1863 was made chief of artillery of the II Corps (General Hunt even considered me one of his best artillery wizards of all his artillery units), continued serving until the close of the war when I was mustered out, and eventually died a month after my 65th birthday in 1897.

Who are we?

John G. Hazard (1832-1897) and the fictional George Hazard, a character in John Jakes' North and South trilogy.

Who are we?

John G Hazard and the fictional George Hazard from Pennsylvania......I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back