Trivia 4-12-19 Rock On! & Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
66F5D7D1-CB14-83C0-27D4A72FCB95AEAB.jpg

1. “Rosetta Stone” or Split Rock
2. Rose Farm
3. Alexander Gardner

Bonus:
You are Nathaniel Hawthorne and you are describing Major General George Brinton McClellan. [Link]

Friday Question -
1. Rose Woods Rock
2. The owner of the farm was George Woods although documentation indicates while he did not live there, his brother John with his wife Elizabeth lived there.
3. Alexander Gardner

Friday Bonus -
1. Nathaniel Hawthorne

2. General George McClellan

Edit - There are numerous rocks in the Rose Woods. A more specific identification was needed.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleft Rock
The Rose Farm
Alexander Gardner

https://www.loc.gov./item/2012645925/

Bonus:
You are Nathaniel Hawthorne
You are describing George B. McClellan

Edit - I cannot open the link that was supplied. I assume that it identified the rock as "Cleft," rather than "Split" Rock. Either "cleft" or "split" accurately describes the appearance of the rock.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Main question:
Part A - don't know
Part B - don't know
Part C - A guess - Matthew Brady

Bonus question: Well, I found the quote in an article from The Atlantic Monthly. The article is titled "Chiefly about War Matters," but the author seems to have chosen not to reveal his name. So my answer to Part A is going to be based on what the author called himself.
Part A - "A Peaceable Man"
Part B - George McClellan

Edit - Although no players other than myself identified the author exclusively by his pen name, I would have accepted "A Peaceable Man" as a correct answer, since the question did not specify that a correct answer would have to give the author's real name.

hoosier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back