Trivia 4-11-17 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I was born near Gettysburg. I was one quarter African American in that my mother was a free biracial woman of Caucasian and African American descent, and my father was Irish.

Carl Sandburg described me as "a comely quadroon with Caucasian features and a skin of light-gold tint, a Roman Catholic communicant with Irish eyes ... quiet, discreet, retiring, reputed for poise and personal dignity."

I was the housekeeper of a prominent lawyer and was at his bedside when he died.

After the battle of Gettysburg, I hired a horse and wagon, and collected food and supplies for the wounded of both sides from neighbors in Adams, York and Lancaster counties and delivered them to the makeshift hospitals.

Steven Spielberg even used me as a character in his 2012 movie Lincoln.

Who am I?

credit: @Wallyfish

Question credit.

Another interesting women. Lydia Hamilton Smith

Carl Sandburg's quote should of made this an easy web search. I can handle only a few long search questions per month.
I am retired so I have time to do endless searches. But many people are still working and don't have much time to devote to extensive research questions. Funny story on that WS King Camp Letterman question a while back. After 12 hours or so of searches, I stumbled on an original document that referenced WS King. I found WS King and I did a search for his full name. Guess what W.S. stands for? His name was William Shakespeare King. A search on that name resulted in thousands of hits on Shakespeare's King Lear. I wanted to throw my iPad out the window. But I then remembered that many of the doctors came from the Susquehanna Medical area. Once I searched for WS King Susquehanna, I found the answer in the first hit. Go figure. Carry on!

You are Lydia Hamilton Smith

250px-Lydia_Hamilton_Smith.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back