3rd North Carolina Mounted Infantry help

Welcome! I personally don't have any photos, but there are quite a few folks on here with ancestral ties to men from Kirk's group. I had some relatives in the 2nd Mtd Infantry. Someone with pictures might be along soon. :smile:

@east tennessee roots @CCMDCSA @TnFed Any of you have leads on 3rd Mounted Infantry photos? Or know someone who might? :smile:

The last of the Miller brothers listed here was in the Union 3rd NC Mounted Infantry.

Last edited:
Zella, I can't think of any off hand. I used to be friends with a descendant of one of Kirk's brothers but have not heard from them in ages. While Kirk did recruit my ancestors into a TN. National Guard unit, they did not serve under him directly.

No problem Zella. Like I said my ancestors were recruited by Kirk but did not serve under him. Glad for a change of subject. I've been posting so much about my wife's family in the 10th KY Mounted Rifles CSA AND THE Harlan County Battalion USA. Which doesn't interest her at all. :smile: :smile: :smile:
James.

27345.jpeg
27346.jpeg
27451.jpeg
27395.jpeg

The last photo is joesph leonard gouge from mitchell county Nc he was a musician in the 3rd he was my 3x great uncle
I like the circle beard or more commonly called goatee on the third picture. I know it was a different time and place but I just don't get some of the facial hair back then. The first guy looks like an ancient Assyrian Warrior come to lead Israel captive.

Back