3rd Corps Union Medal

Kinny

Cadet
I have a photo of my ancestor wearing what I have been told is a 3rd Corps Union Medal. It is impossible to see what the medal looks like---anyone out there have an image of this medal?

Do you have a scan of the image in question?.... it would help us assist you if we could see it too.... Do you have a name and/or unit he may have served in ?

I assume you may be referring to the 3rd Corp insignia ?... if so it would have a diamond shape... its respective color would indicate which Division within the 3rd Corp the subject was in...

3CORPS.GIF

Do you have a scan of the image in question?.... it would help us assist you if we could see it too.... Do you have a name and/or unit he may have served in ?

I assume you may be referring to the 3rd Corp insignia ?... if so it would have a diamond shape... its respective color would indicate which Division within the 3rd Corp the subject was in...

View attachment 128199
DeTrobriand commandered the Third Brigade, Second Division, Third Corps.
The photo I am referring to shows him wearing a medal (not a badge) which according to the caption is a 3rd Corps Union Medal. I am looking for info and an image of this medal

DeTrobriand commandered the Third Brigade, Second Division, Third Corps.
The photo I am referring to shows him wearing a medal (not a badge) which according to the caption is a 3rd Corps Union Medal. I am looking for info and an image of this medal

Not for any chance one of those? Would be the Kearny Medal (left) or Kearny Cross; which could be awarded to officers/men of Kearny´s division of the 3rd Corps
578c6e3abc9044d193be67eba638a778.jpg

(pics from pinterest/ebay)

Not for any chance one of those? Would be the Kearny Medal (left) or Kearny Cross; which could be awarded to officers/men of Kearny´s division of the 3rd Corps.
could be I will do a bit more research--thank you

Back