35th Missouri Infantry

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
I have just located one of my ancestors Henry Carlock 1823-1862. This is what I have found so far. Any help would be appreciated. Finally a Union soldier in the family.

Henry Carlock headstone.jpg

Henry Carlock.jpg

Henry Carlock widow.jpg

Later today I can search for his csr on fold3 if someone else doesnt get to it before me. :smile: (on my phone right now.)

Was he a Missouri native? Have a random ancestor in the family tree who was a Marylander but served in a Missouri Union cavalry unit. I've always found that interesting.

One hiccup is the 35th Mo Inf was formed Dec 3rd 1862 at Benton Barracks........He was dead before it formed if he died in Sept

There was a 35th EMM active while he was alive, however it primarily formed in Chariton County.

One hiccup is the 35th Mo Inf was formed Dec 3rd 1862 at Benton Barracks........He was dead before it formed if he died in Sept

There was a 35th EMM active while he was alive, however it primarily formed in Chariton County.
I am not sure how to resolve that other than keep looking. Was there a CSA 35th?

I think I found him. His CSR says he died from disease in December 1862 around Christmas at Jefferson City, Mo.

Attachments

• Henry Carlock.pdf
    795.7 KB · Views: 49
Back