NF 3000 Books In One Collection!

Non-Fiction
I was running out of space and counted a bit more than 600 books and magazines... but that is including everything. Fantasy, sci fi...
(live in a 60m2 house with my wife and daughter, so not a lot of room)

My main excuse for the low number is the fact that I have not turned 40 yet ;-)

So started getting rid of a lot that I would never read again...
So Iam down to maybe 500 now. But I have read maybe 90% of them...

My issue atm is the fact that everything below the height of about 1m is within reach of my 1½ year old daughter... so got sort of a storage issue.

----
I likely add another 500 publications from the (Danish) weapons historical society. My father have been a member since the early 1980ties and should have everything they published... but he will most likely never read any of it again... so it make a lot more sense that I get everything... the only issue is finding the space for it...

Been there, done that regarding getting rid of books I thought I'd never read again....until later something triggered the urge to read it such as references to the discarded book in other books. Though in many cases one and done was appropriate.

I find space limitation to be the bane of book owning, also requiring storage logistics to keep, shall we say, "a happy home". Happy wife, happy life. :D

This is the primary advantage of digital books over hardcover other than portability out of the house.

Love the comments about everyone’s collections. I’ve never tried to have the most books. I buy books I am interested in. Sometimes interest in a certain aspect of the war changes. I’m sure everyone of you is proud of your collection and enjoy it as much as I do mine. As far as dogs, I have a young Border Collie rescue who is trying my patience. For years I had Shepherds and Dobermans. I like their obedience. Border Collies are on a whole other level. Smart little Dude, drives me crazy! 😂

Love the comments about everyone’s collections. I’ve never tried to have the most books. I buy books I am interested in. Sometimes interest in a certain aspect of the war changes. I’m sure everyone of you is proud of your collection and enjoy it as much as I do mine. As far as dogs, I have a young Border Collie rescue who is trying my patience. For years I had Shepherds and Dobermans. I like their obedience. Border Collies are on a whole other level. Smart little Dude, drives me crazy! 😂
Oh the dogs. I learned growing up that a pet will become very jealous toward any item you show devotion to. I have examples; as a youth at 5 our cocker spaniel would race into the room and grab my stuffed dog I slept with and take it into the living room and shake it to death; at 17 I had carried a 'snake stick' which was a natural find in the woods for at least five years. Our same cocker suddenly found it to be too interesting to leave alone, and chewed it mercilessly; later on my Dad had done devotional studies for many years and his favorite bible was attacked by his pet Keeshond who chewed up the leather covering. So about those books you got there!!
Lubliner.

One Golden took an interest in the Time/Life's 'Voices of the Civil War' series. The DJ's on several definitely are not 'light shelf wear' any longer though the books themselves were unharmed.

I choose to believe she clumsily perused them while I was at work (no opposable thumbs, right?) so we could have serious dialogue about the content as opposed to being a conveniently located chew toy.

One Golden took an interest in the Time/Life's 'Voices of the Civil War' series. The DJ's on several definitely are not 'light shelf wear' any longer though the books themselves were unharmed.

I choose to believe she clumsily perused them while I was at work (no opposable thumbs, right?) so we could have serious dialogue about the content as opposed to being a conveniently located chew toy.
Mice are inadvisable!
Lubliner.

As you might surmise from my avatar, one of my favorite aspects of the Savas Beatie newsletters is the 'Kenya's Corner' introductions. So far I've not seen a reference from Kenya regarding her reaction to your torment, though perhaps this will be documented in a forthcoming newsletter. :D
It's coming...

Kenya Mark Library.jpg

Back