1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Trivia Question 3-8-17 You Can't Handle the truth

Discussion in 'War Between the States Trivia Game' started by Trivia Master, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHN42768

JOHN42768 2nd Lieutenant Trivia Game Winner

Please disregard my original posted answer of Edward Stanton . I wish to change it to William H. Seward later to be Secretary of State

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
    amweiner, DBF, JohnW. and 2 others like this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. 57th Indiana Infantry

57th Indiana Infantry Corporal Trivia Game Winner

Abraham Lincoln himself (Issac Wyant case)

sarladaise, Reb, amweiner and 9 others like this.
  4. Schwallanscher

Schwallanscher 1st Lieutenant Trivia Game Winner

to call abraham lincoln a key-figure of his own government sound a bit strange to me

source

Edit - Since you didn't name anybody else, I assume that Abraham Lincoln is your answer - and that's correct.

Hoosier

sarladaise, Reb, amweiner and 7 others like this.
  5. Schwallanscher

Schwallanscher 1st Lieutenant Trivia Game Winner

my first link didn't work - 2nd attempt, there's also an s missing - why can't we edit in trivia-threads?

Edit - Other players have complained about this in the past.

As assistant host, I'm allowed to edit my own posts as well as anybody else's posts on this forum.

I can understand why we wouldn't want players to edit other players' posts. If it were up to me, I would think players ought to be allowed to edit their own posts, but I don't have the authorization to make it so.

Hoosier

Wallyfish, amweiner, JohnW. and 2 others like this.
  6. ami

ami Major General Super Moderator

Answer: Abraham Lincoln
    " One of the more controversial murder cases was that of Isaac Wyant, who attacked his neighbor Ason Rusk with a knife. In self-defense, Rusk shot his assailant in the arm, which was subsequently amputated. In 1855, thirsting for revenge, Wyant shot Rusk to death in cold blood. Lincoln helped prosecute the case. (He substituted as prosecutor sometimes when the state's attorney was absent; at other times he was hired by interested parties to assist the prosecutor, who was often young and inexperienced.) Leonard Swett defended Wyant with the novel insanity plea and won despite Lincoln's best efforts. Later,
    when informed by authorities at the state insane asylum that Wyant was truly deranged, Lincoln expressed regret for having prosecuted him so vigorously.
    "
    Michael Burlingame – Abraham Lincoln: A Life – Vol. 1, Chapter 9, pg. 341 Online pdf copy pg. 92

People vs Wyant Trial Transcript

amweiner, JohnW., Stony and 1 other person like this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.