Trivia 3-13-18 Who am I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I was a loyal southerner and political figure who once held the head of a dying general in my arms during a Civil War battle. Upon conclusion of the war the U.S. Congress and my home state placed a $5000 bounty on my head finding me "guilty of treason, perjury and theft". I fled the country to avoid apprehension but returned several years later when the governor of my beloved state rescinded the warrant. Years later my state elected me to the United States Senate. I was even interviewed by President-elect Grover Cleveland for a cabinet position. Who am I?

credit: @connecticut yankee

I was a loyal southerner and political figure who once held the head of a dying general in my arms during a Civil War battle. Upon conclusion of the war the U.S. Congress and my home state placed a $5000 bounty on my head finding me "guilty of treason, perjury and theft". I fled the country to avoid apprehension but returned several years later when the governor of my beloved state rescinded the warrant. Years later my state elected me to the United States Senate. I was even interviewed by President-elect Grover Cleveland for a cabinet position. Who am I?

Isham Green Harris

Isham Green Harris (1818-1897).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back