2020 Stars of the Researching Your Civil War Ancestry forum

Just because I'm really scattered this week (I go back to teaching online today after a too-short two weeks off), I wanted to take a minute to applaud the selection of Lelliott19 as number one on the list (probably about equal with you, Lupaglupa!). She's helped me out with everything from how to do a Zoom Meeting (she is a most excellent moderator for the weekly video presentations put on by CWT) to providing invaluable help on my next book on Andersonville. She is a warm, generous, and enthusiastic person, and we are lucky to have her!
Awww thank you @Gary Morgan
I was so pleased to be able to play bird dog on the material for your next Andersonville project. I'm very excited to see what you are able to use for your book.

View attachment 386542

2020 had many low points but it had good things too. For me, one of the highlights was all of the amazing activity on the Researching Your Civil War Ancestry forum. Last year 224 new threads were started on the forum. Most were requests for assistance. And boy did those requests get a response! Over 100 members of CivilWarTalk offered assistance or encouragement to those wanting to learn more about the sacrifices their ancestors made during the War.

While each and every person who stopped by the forum deserves thanks, I especially want to recognize the all stars who come by again and again to provide expert research help. Number one on the list is @lelliott19 - who never fails to find new and pertinent information, even when the rest of us have given up. Not far behind in jumping in with their genealogy expertise are @east tennessee roots, @Fairfield, @Gary Morgan, @ucvrelics, @JPK Huson 1863, @DixieRifles, and @John Hartwell.

Thanks to everyone who came by the forum last year! Here's hoping we all have a happy and healthy 2021!

@lupaglupa
I'm new to this exciting thread. Does anyone have information about the Roanoke Grays?

I'm new to this exciting thread. Does anyone have information about the Roanoke Grays?
Great to have you here @Katy. If you have particular info you want it would be best to start a new thread on this forum - put Roanoke Grays in the title of the thread so any folks who know about that unit will see it. Then let us know exactly what info you want. We have so many knowledgeable members willing to help!

Back