Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Civil War Gal

Captain
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
If you're interested in going to this event, please RSVP in the module at the top of the thread! Get your RSVP in before September 25th!

CivilWarTalk
Fall Muster, October 9th - 11th, 2020
“Antietam in the Autumn”

itinerary
To be Determined!

Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
Sunday October 11

host hotel: hampton inn
157 Pimlico Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414

304-725-2200
www.charlestownsuites.hamptoninn.com

RESERVE YOUR ROOM & GET THE GROUP DISCOUNT!

You will have to call them to book your room at the discount rate… 304-725-2200
Be sure to tell them your with the CivilWarTalk Group

Use Code: CWG

Or -- you can book on-line at www.charlestownsuites.hamptoninn.com, enter the dates and Convention / Group Code CWG.

Please note cut-off date for reservations is 9/12/2020.

Room Rates: If you want to come in early and stay later, we have these rates:
(it’s over Columbus Day weekend so it gets a bit complicated.)

Wednesday/Thursday October 7th and 8th, rate is $109.00 (+tax)

Friday/Saturday – October 9th and 10th, rate is $151.00 (+tax)

Sunday, October 11th, rate is $126.00 (+tax)

Guarantee & Payment:
Individual credit cards are required when making reservations.

Cancellation Policy:
Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid charges to credit card.

Check-in Time:
3:00 pm and checkout is 11:00 am each day. Early check-ins and late checkouts are extremely difficult to arrange and as such we cannot guarantee their availability.

Cut-off Date for Reservation: 9/12/2020
After this date, rate quoted and availability cannot be guaranteed and reservation will still be accepted on a “space available” basis only by dialing hotel directly.

We have 25 double/queen rooms in total - if we get 15 reservations, we get the "War Room" for free!

The Fall Muster will be at Antietam on October 9th, 10th, 11th, 2020.
Make plans now to attend.
If anyone is willing to do a presentation please PM me @NH Civil War Gal and @Stone in the wall

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't started looking at Hotels yet. As far as I know there is only one in HF. A few miles away in Charles Town, Randson area there are several.

Also, there a hotels in Martinsburg, WVa. My husband and I stay there when visiting Harper's Ferry and other sites in the area.

I've stayed at the Clarion Inn in Harper's Ferry this summer. It has plenty of space and should be large enough to accomodate our group. The breakfast was nothing special but sufficient. There's a bar/restaurant attached to it with space enough for a group dinner.

The downside I see, though, is it's location: It's right at a busy freeway with no lights to get from the parking lot onto the street. If we leave in the mornings for Antietam, everyone will have to know where to go as it will be nigh impossible to get off that lot as a car snake.

Since then we have done a lot of looking and we are getting real close to getting that first step finished.
Hopefully it will have a (FREE for a group like ours) meeting room we can use for orientation purposes like we have at Ringgold/Chickamauga and Vicksburg.

Yep, there's no traffic light at this hotel. Everyone driving separately seems like "I think we may have lost so and so along the way....." Too bad no one has a CB radio anymore, I still have both of mine and they still work!!! We could all use our CWT names...…...I guess I'm so late 70's, it could be a realtime "Convoy."

Yep, there's no traffic light at this hotel. Everyone driving separately seems like "I think we may have lost so and so along the way....." Too bad no one has a CB radio anymore, I still have both of mine and they still work!!! We could all use our CWT names...…...I guess I'm so late 70's, it could be a realtime "Convoy."

If you did decide to use that motel you could choose a rally point somewhere between there and the destination to regroup.

Hopefully it will have a (FREE for a group like ours) meeting room we can use for orientation purposes like we have at Ringgold/Chickamauga and Vicksburg.
Yes indeed, the war room has been a must have from the very start, and it does look like it will be FREE.

10-4 Good Buddy

For my 70th year (2020) my Sweetie has said we could go East and spend a couple weeks looking at battlefields... VA, MD, and Gettysburg. I'll be watching this thread and if we can make the dates work I'd love to join up and see Sharpsburg with you all. The logistics from Idaho are a bit tough, but I figure I've got a few more months to figure it all out.

For my 70th year (2020) my Sweetie has said we could go East and spend a couple weeks looking at battlefields... VA, MD, and Gettysburg. I'll be watching this thread and if we can make the dates work I'd love to join up and see Sharpsburg with you all. The logistics from Idaho are a bit tough, but I figure I've got a few more months to figure it all out.

Hope you can make it, @BillH

Look at Southwest Airlines. They fly to Boise and Spokane. Also to the DC area airports too. Too soon to make reservations with them at this point but worth looking into if y’all are going to fly.

Last edited:
Look at Southwest Airlines. They fly to Boise and Spokane. Also to the DC area airports too. Too soon to make reservations with them at this point but worth looking into if y’all are going to fly.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, definitely fly. Have too many miles chasing Lewis and Clark and Oregon Trail sites... driving to VA is no longer appealing ;-) Not sure where we want to start is the biggest issue right now. Part of the "deal" is a side trip to NYC to see youngest daughter and son-in-law... as you can tell, the logistics at the moment are a bit daunting. But if we can fit in the muster it would be a good thing.

I guess for hypotheticals. Would it be best to fly into DC or Richmond to get to Antietam? If that's the case I want to make a stopover in Luray, VA.

I know @Drew would know best, because I imagine the Beltway is an absolute nightmare.

Anything in and out of Dulles IAD cost more according to AAA when they recently rated all the big airports around here. But Dulles is convenient to me being a half hour away (if the traffic is problem-free); the long term parking is cheaper compared to Reagan or BWI. Richmond might be better it you want to visit Luray and then drive up through the Valley.

I guess for hypotheticals. Would it be best to fly into DC or Richmond to get to Antietam? If that's the case I want to make a stopover in Luray, VA.

I know @Drew would know best, because I imagine the Beltway is an absolute nightmare.
Luray is about 70 miles from here (Harpers Ferry) if you take RT 340 you could also see Front Royal. I-81 is longer but may be faster and you could see Strasburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back