Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Civil War Gal

Captain
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
If you're interested in going to this event, please RSVP in the module at the top of the thread! Get your RSVP in before September 25th!

CivilWarTalk
Fall Muster, October 9th - 11th, 2020
“Antietam in the Autumn”

itinerary
To be Determined!

Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
Sunday October 11

host hotel: hampton inn
157 Pimlico Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414

304-725-2200
www.charlestownsuites.hamptoninn.com

RESERVE YOUR ROOM & GET THE GROUP DISCOUNT!

You will have to call them to book your room at the discount rate… 304-725-2200
Be sure to tell them your with the CivilWarTalk Group

Use Code: CWG

Or -- you can book on-line at www.charlestownsuites.hamptoninn.com, enter the dates and Convention / Group Code CWG.

Please note cut-off date for reservations is 9/12/2020.

Room Rates: If you want to come in early and stay later, we have these rates:
(it’s over Columbus Day weekend so it gets a bit complicated.)

Wednesday/Thursday October 7th and 8th, rate is $109.00 (+tax)

Friday/Saturday – October 9th and 10th, rate is $151.00 (+tax)

Sunday, October 11th, rate is $126.00 (+tax)

Guarantee & Payment:
Individual credit cards are required when making reservations.

Cancellation Policy:
Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid charges to credit card.

Check-in Time:
3:00 pm and checkout is 11:00 am each day. Early check-ins and late checkouts are extremely difficult to arrange and as such we cannot guarantee their availability.

Cut-off Date for Reservation: 9/12/2020
After this date, rate quoted and availability cannot be guaranteed and reservation will still be accepted on a “space available” basis only by dialing hotel directly.

We have 25 double/queen rooms in total - if we get 15 reservations, we get the "War Room" for free!

The Fall Muster will be at Antietam on October 9th, 10th, 11th, 2020.
Make plans now to attend.
If anyone is willing to do a presentation please PM me @NH Civil War Gal and @Stone in the wall

Last edited by a moderator:
The 156th Cedar Creek reenactment will be the weekend after the muster, October 17-18. Might be an incentive for some to stay longer and head there too, or for reenactors going to Cedar Creek to travel a week earlier to join the muster. :smile:

I've been looking at flights and found a good combination. Now I just have to figure out what else I want to see on that trip across the Pond. Decisions, decisions... why is there so much Civil War history to see? :rolleyes:

The 156th Cedar Creek reenactment will be the weekend after the muster, October 17-18. Might be an incentive for some to stay longer and head there too, or for reenactors going to Cedar Creek to travel a week earlier to join the muster. :smile:

I've been looking at flights and found a good combination. Now I just have to figure out what else I want to see on that trip across the Pond. Decisions, decisions... why is there so much Civil War history to see? :rolleyes:

The sounds like something that will be super crowded! I am allergic to crowded places. :giggle:

Ive actually considered hitting Harper's Ferry prior to the muster. Basically start there and work my way East through the Second Manassas battlefields to end at the Muster.

I will not be able to visit Shiloh, but I may be able to do this one. Kentucky requires me to have 60 hours of driving practice before I get a license, and then a 180 day waiting period. Before that, I need to take a written test. According to my math, July/August would be the time I get my license. I'll be 17, and I'll need a passenger 21+ years old. I turn 18 on Oct 2nd, so I'll be legal. Perfect.

This talk of the Cedar Creek reenactment being the very next weekend....

Why do y'all have to make this so tempting! I mean I was already planning on an attempt for Sharpsburg, but it being right on top of Cedar Creek may mean I spend a whole week in Virginia! I'm a poor man, and this doesn't do my billfold any favors.:D:banghead:

But getting back on topic, are we gonna stay in Harpers Ferry? I might disappear during a tour or something and someone spot me on the side of the Maryland Heights, but Harpers Ferry holds an equal, if not superior appeal to me than Antietam, and I believe they are close together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back