Official Muster 2020 Antietam Fall Muster Announced! October 9th -- 11th

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

luinrina

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
The 156th Cedar Creek reenactment will be the weekend after the muster, October 17-18. Might be an incentive for some to stay longer and head there too, or for reenactors going to Cedar Creek to travel a week earlier to join the muster. :smile:

I've been looking at flights and found a good combination. Now I just have to figure out what else I want to see on that trip across the Pond. Decisions, decisions... why is there so much Civil War history to see? :rolleyes:

Harms88

Private
The 156th Cedar Creek reenactment will be the weekend after the muster, October 17-18. Might be an incentive for some to stay longer and head there too, or for reenactors going to Cedar Creek to travel a week earlier to join the muster. :smile:

I've been looking at flights and found a good combination. Now I just have to figure out what else I want to see on that trip across the Pond. Decisions, decisions... why is there so much Civil War history to see? :rolleyes:
The sounds like something that will be super crowded! I am allergic to crowded places. :giggle:

Ive actually considered hitting Harper's Ferry prior to the muster. Basically start there and work my way East through the Second Manassas battlefields to end at the Muster.

Ethan S.

Sergeant
I will not be able to visit Shiloh, but I may be able to do this one. Kentucky requires me to have 60 hours of driving practice before I get a license, and then a 180 day waiting period. Before that, I need to take a written test. According to my math, July/August would be the time I get my license. I'll be 17, and I'll need a passenger 21+ years old. I turn 18 on Oct 2nd, so I'll be legal. Perfect.

Rusk County Avengers

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
This talk of the Cedar Creek reenactment being the very next weekend....

Why do y'all have to make this so tempting! I mean I was already planning on an attempt for Sharpsburg, but it being right on top of Cedar Creek may mean I spend a whole week in Virginia! I'm a poor man, and this doesn't do my billfold any favors.:D:banghead:

But getting back on topic, are we gonna stay in Harpers Ferry? I might disappear during a tour or something and someone spot me on the side of the Maryland Heights, but Harpers Ferry holds an equal, if not superior appeal to me than Antietam, and I believe they are close together.