2017 Photo of the Year Memorial/Monument Winner is

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
@Buckeye Bill , Congratulations!!!

buckeyebill4.jpg

As a foreigner , I just can't imagine these statues and monuments refering to the Confederate soldiers could be taken away...despite all the historical feelings of our times, they're the memories of dead people after all...in France we've got many military cemetaries from both WW1 and WW2, French, US, British, German, and many more...
May be the difference is that here in France, statues where ordered productions for every village after WW1, even the germans payed hommage to them during the occupation period.

As a foreigner , I just can't imagine these statues and monuments refering to the Confederate soldiers could be taken away...despite all the historical feelings of our times, they're the memories of dead people after all...in France we've got many military cemetaries from both WW1 and WW2, French, US, British, German, and many more...
May be the difference is that here in France, statues where ordered productions for every village after WW1, even the germans payed hommage to them during the occupation period.
I have to agree. The living are less civil today and have less respect for history than past generations here and don't want to pay reverence to historical events or figures "they don't like" and are "offended" by (even though they weren't around) and want them banished. I turn on my television and want most of it banished off the air! Politicians are spineless and only look for future votes...I hope the same happens to their so-called legacies when they're dead and long gone ... they offend more than any monument I can think of!

Back