2017 Photo of the Year Landscape 2 Winner is

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
@Buckeye Bill, Congratulations!!!

buckeyebill3.JPG

Congratulations Bill. I love that picture. I voted for it when you entered it in the POTM contest. Settings like that are the reason I do a lot of my CW travels solo. Some of my CW Traveler Companions aren't exactly early risers like me. I'm outta the hotel and on the road before they start serving breakfast. :D

Thank you guys and gals for your kind words!

I captured this photo early in the morning at the Mill Springs Battlefield near Nancy, Kentucky. I thought the dense fog was a curse but it ended up being a blessing.

In the background is the Mill Springs National Cemetery. This Napoleon sits near the visitor center. I highly recommend a visit to this venue!

God bless,
Bill

I captured this photo early in the morning at the Mill Springs Battlefield near Nancy, Kentucky. I thought the dense fog was a curse but it ended up being a blessing.
In the background is the Mill Springs National Cemetery. This Napoleon sits near the visitor center. I highly recommend a visit to this venue!

That's why I never get these good shots. I refuse to wake up early!:laugh:

Settings like that are the reason I do a lot of my CW travels solo. Some of my CW Traveler Companions aren't exactly early risers like me. I'm outta the hotel and on the road before they start serving breakfast. :D

Preaching to the choir, Bobby.

The Mill Springs Battlefield was my first stop on my John Hunt Morgan Heritage Trail tour in the states of Kentucky and Indiana. This battlefield is not a John Hunt Morgan spot but I wanted to revisit it with my new Nikon 3100. I had a blast on my solo tour!!!

Bill

Back