1862 Union Playing Cards VIDEO REVIEW!

*ACWC is NOT a historian. Just an amateur collector looking to learn along WITH you.* This is my first video, please be gentle. If people enjoy it, maybe we'll have a chance to improve these together. Thank you for spending 10 minutes with a random guy on the internet. Look forward to seeing you all in two weeks.

Stay Civil

ACWC

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate you checking it out. I realize that for many in this forum the information may have been to general, but ultimately, it's more for a general audience versus Civil War Experts such as the people here. My next artifact/write up is going to be a set of marbles dug from a Confederate camp in Saltville, VA. Hope to have those posted on schedule in 2 weeks :smile:

I really enjoyed this, and especially the story of Grant coming across the opposing troops playing cards together. 'Game over' seems to indicate that now he had discovered this moment of camaraderie it was to be short lived, though not a cause for punishment.

Would really love it if you could add any more of the stories you have about Grant in a thread on the Ulysses S. Grant forum. We hear much about Grant being a 'drinker', but it's the first I've heard about him being a 'gambler' as well. It sure would be fascinating :nerd:

Back