1862 Manual For Engineer Troops - Thanks for allowing me to muster with your troops!

(My research turned up this person who may have owned this book judging from the owner’s inscription on the forepage):
Captain A. Luttwitz, engineer of the Northern District, Dept. of the South. If you Know or are related to this person please let him know I found his book. Any other information you could come up with, except outright lies, would certainly be the friendly thing to do! Don't hoard knowledge!
Manual for Enginering Troops 1.jpg
Manual for Enginering Troops 3C.jpg
Manual for Enginering Troops 7.jpg
Manual for Enginering Troops 9.jpg

Manual For Engineer Troops: consisting of Part I. - Ponton drill. Part II .-- Rules for conducting a siege. Part III .-- School of the sap. Part IV .-- Military mining. Part V. - Construction of batteries.
Author: James Chatham Duane
Printed book
Language: English
Publisher: New York: D. Van Nostrand, 192 Broadway., 1862.

Manual for Enginering Troops 1B.jpg
Manual for Enginering Troops 4B.jpg

Manual for Enginering Troops 10.jpg

Manual for Enginering Troops 11.jpg

Manual for Enginering Troops 12.jpg

Manual for Enginering Troops 12B.jpg

Welcome, enjoy. Good luck on your research
Thank you, John. Do you have any links to research these lost soldiers?
chief engineer; Captain Adolf Von Luettwitz (Luttwitz), Fifty-fourth New York Volunteers
Engineer of the Northern District, Dept. of the South.

Welcome From The Southern District of the CSA. Fantastic manual as there were not many of these printed as compared to Infantry, Arty or Cav. I did a quick look and there is no Capt Luttwitz so we will need to get our crack group of folks that can tell us what the name is. paging @lelliott19

Welcome -- glad to have you here. I've seen references to the Duane engineering manual, but hadn't seen a copy. Great illustrations! What are your Civil War interests (other than returning lost books to very old soldiers)?

Roy B.

(My research turned up this person who may have owned this book judging from the owner’s inscription on the forepage):
Captain A. Luttwitz, engineer of the Northern District, Dept. of the South. If you Know or are related to this person please let him know I found his book. Any other information you could come up with, except outright lies, would certainly be the friendly thing to do! Don't hoard knowledge!View attachment 367923View attachment 367924View attachment 367925View attachment 367926
Manual For Engineer Troops: consisting of Part I. - Ponton drill. Part II .-- Rules for conducting a siege. Part III .-- School of the sap. Part IV .-- Military mining. Part V. - Construction of batteries.
Author: James Chatham Duane
Printed book
Language: English
Publisher: New York: D. Van Nostrand, 192 Broadway., 1862.

View attachment 367922View attachment 367921

View attachment 367927

View attachment 367928

View attachment 367929

View attachment 367930
Amazing find welcome to CWT and good luck on your quest.

Back